Re: [Illuminati New World Order] Re: New Puppet with QUestions

  • The Warbuilder
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2003
      Wow! I could've MAILED that message and got a reply faster! Boy! That
      announcement was AGE AGO!

      Don't tell me you live on a private island, where you have to catch the Net
      in *just* the right weather conditions. ;)

      Anyways...

      I've not started into the project, due to college consideration. It took a
      while, but I did get a copy of ThemeMaker, and I'm posited to overtake
      Apprentice with the New World Order!

      Y! Messenger is fine, and I'd take it for voice comms anyday. :) That said,
      I kinda like the idea of seeing iconic representations of the actual cards,
      on a virtual board (especially for those that do not have all the
      cards -blasphemy, I know). Apprentice is 1-vs-1 through direct play,
      however, if you are playing MP, you could just use it as a reference board,
      and plonk down anything (just make a deck and throw about 2 or 3 of
      everything you think will be used in the game in). A cheap workaround, but
      it would do.

      At the present, I've not officially asked Mr. Jackson for his express
      permission to proceed with this project, so I will not continue (officially)
      without it. My goal is not to circumvent a great game, or the wishes of
      it's creator, only provide an as-to-use, over the Net, fun way to enjoy the
      play of INWO. I enjoyed playing the Battletech: CCG when it was in, and I
      don't think there were many that played that were without cards at all (if
      you know anything about the game, and are interested in online play, you
      most likely either have the card, or know someone with an ubercollection
      just down the street). ;)

      Well that's all from me. Once I get the permission and the theme set up, I
      will inform everyone, provide a location for downloading the Apprentice
      application and the patch required to play INWO through it. I'm probably
      gonna need betatesters before too long anyways...I'll add it all to my list
      of things to do next week (March break here in Nova Scotia).

      Take easy.

      Warbuilder

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2003
        Hi Keith,
        yep - those were the good old days.
        I enjoyed the game too, and wouldn't mind a re-match :)

        I'm cruising for a Deckathon game, and maybe this could be one way of
        doing it?