New Puppet with QUestions

  • The Warbuilder
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2002
      Hey all,

      Just another puppet of the secret masters, looking to fulfill delusions that
      I can capture power for myself, and serve me own frivolous goals...

      ...Really though, I'm just out for some info. Here are my questions:

      (1) Does anyone have a project in progress, where INWO can be played online
      through a virtual board (EG: Apprentice)? I am not interested in PBEM play.

      (2) Can a spoiler list be located anywhere, for any of the INWO sets? If
      so, where might I find them?

      (3) Where might I find good tutorials to learn the game and for teaching
      others to play?

      Look, here's the deal:

      I've yet to find either a virtual board for INWO or a spoiler list so that I
      can make the job of creating my own easier. I am looking at the possibility
      of taking and making a patch for Apprentice that would INWO to be played
      through it; I cite the Battletech:CCG patch as created by Tome as my leading
      example of it's possibility(tried and true, used it myself).

      I also need the spoilers so that I can take the cards I can't read the text
      for (being visually impaired) and making a short list that I can whip out
      when those cards are played; frankly, I'm lazy, and it's a lot faster if
      these cards are already typed out.

      In the real world (riiight), I have encountered a few players willing to
      learn and have fun playing this game. I am relatively new to the game and
      need some good tutorials to help jump me in fast and help me help others do
      the same.

      I have another question: Are there certain topics, concepts or issues I
      might want to avoid when showing this game to the new players? Admittedly,
      out of the (real world) group, I have the most CCG experience, and I've
      actually played with this cards (so long ago, I don't remember a thing); I
      only state this, to quell the "well aren't you a new player?" questioning.
      I'm new enough, but still need to be the one that knows what the Hell they
      are talking about with this game, when I teach it to them.

      The idea of the omni league sounds cool and I might yet do that here.

      Some of the suggestions concerning the teaching to newbies that I've read
      (exclusion of Goal cards and so forth) is a good idea and I will probably
      use them all.

      Well that's all for now. In my quest to become something, I am probably
      fooling myself so terribly, that I am selling myself even more to the secret
      masters and doing their work better than if I was a hunch-back lackey. ;)

      Maybe...

      Thanks all your time and I await your commentary.

      Ryan, The Warbuilder
    • byerskr
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2003
        The Warbuilder,

        I don't know about playing by programs like apprentice, but Martin
        some others and I all played via Yahoo Messenger and had a great
        game. I wasn't used to non table play so I had to lay everything out
        like that myself. I thought we all had a great time and I even got
        some positive feedback about it afterwords. I just haven't got
        around to seeing if anyone wanted a rematch.

        LOD Wolverine(AKA Keith Byers)