Ode to TRUE FATHERS by Poet/Author Marc Lacy

  • AVO Communications,Inc
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2005

      with everyone...
      But for all...I can truly say:
      "I LOVE YOU DAD"...

      For you, my heart happily screams!
      and within the raspy beats
      a prayer is submitted to THE FATHER
      for all of the fatherless...
      And YES LORD please bless...
      us all so that everyone has a father and/or a father
      figure...I pray this prayer over and over again...
      To help us properly convert BOYS TO MEN!!!

      Happy Father's Day to all TRUE FATHERS
      Poet/Author Marc Lacy 2005
      http://www.marclacy.com
    • PEACHIE PLEASANTSWILLIAMS
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2005

        Blessings,

        Your piece was 'hot'. I am interested in publishing it in The Washington Afro American Newspaper for Father's day.  Hit me back with your vital statistics if you are interested or a 'no' if you are not.

        Peace be unto you

        PeachieP

        >From: "AVO Communications,Inc" <avo@...>
        >To: avo@...
        >Subject: [illpoets] Ode to TRUE FATHERS by Poet/Author Marc Lacy
        >Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 08:09:08 -0500 (CDT)
        >
        >(Ode to TRUE FATHERS)
        >"MY Papa Ain't No Rollin' Stone"...
        >
        >...for he always
        >laid his hat
        >in the same home
        >same address
        >same zip code
        >and within the same mode...
        >...A KING FOR MAMA...
        >And it began on the 5th of September
        >over 40 years ago...
        >Drama could never
        >be reported via
        >the external paparazzi...
        >For he was always too busy:
        >-Winnin' the bread
        >-Buyin' threads for his kids
        >-Cuttin' grass
        >plus trimmin' the hedge
        >-Talkin' to us about life
        >and how to handle
        strife
        >-Birds and bees
        >-Readin' Sunday school
        >lessons coupled with how
        >to receive God's blessin's
        >-Scoldin' us, yet shapin'
        >and moldin' us...
        >Thus a family was produced
        >with no half-steppin' allowed...
        >Although imperfect he may be,
        >perfect is the divine way
        >God allowed he and mama to orchestrate
        >the growth of the family...
        >Conduct like a maestro
        >the rules and regulations
        >set to govern
        >a house which he still calls "home".
        >
        >...and I'm sorry ya'll...
        >My joy and pride
        >won't let me
        >keep it inside...
        >Please forgive me
        >as I lyrically let it ride...
        >The spirit churns thoughts
        >within my brain...
        >and as the ink drains onto the pad...
        >I'm thankful
        >I'm glad
        >I'm happy
        >yet I'm
        sad...
        >Because I cannot share Mr. Lacy
        >with everyone...
        >But for all...I can truly say:
        >"I LOVE YOU DAD"...
        >
        >For you, my heart happily screams!
        >and within the raspy beats
        >a prayer is submitted to THE FATHER
        >for all of the fatherless...
        >And YES LORD please bless...
        >us all so that everyone has a father and/or a father
        >figure...I pray this prayer over and over again...
        >To help us properly convert BOYS TO MEN!!!
        >
        >Happy Father's Day to all TRUE FATHERS
        >Poet/Author Marc Lacy 2005
        >http://www.marclacy.com
        >

        >------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
        >In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
        >At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital
        Divide!

      • talk2kienic@cs.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2005
          Marc I was just reading your father's day poem for like the 80th time.  you are inspiring me to write again.  I am in school, and there seems to be know time to write ... because I am always studying.  I did write a crazy poem for class on Monday about headaches.  I am itching to write again.  I wrote a father's day poem last year.  When I find it... I will send it to you

          Peace
          Nichole
          <*)))><
          Don't let People, Problems & the Pain of your Past -
          Pause your Present, Punish your Person, Prison your Potential, & Paralyze your Progress.