48 Hour Film Festival

  • poetisis
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 15, 2005
      What's up everyone. My writing partner Drew "Droopy" Anderson and I
      have embarked on a wonderful adventure that might interest some of
      you. We have had the honor of being accepted into the 48 hour film
      festival. What is the 48 hour film festival you ask? Check the
      website www.48hourfilm.com for information.

      We have put together a team to basically write, shoot, act, edit and
      compose a score in 48 hours. This is of course a short film(4 - 10
      min), and we are excited about the challenge.

      So now here comes the part where I ask if anyone is interested in
      being apart of our team. We are taking submissions for actors,
      poets, camera operators, sound operators, light operators,
      composers and such. We will even need runners that weekend. So,
      actually anyone that feels that could be an asset to developing this
      project and making an award winning film should apply. We have a
      crew but we are still interested in additional help. If you want to
      be apart of this shoot me an email directly and tell what you feel
      you can bring to this project. You need to be free the weekend of
      April 29 - May 1. The movie will be screened at the prestigious AFI
      silver theater, in Silver Spring, MD. This is your chance to see
      your name or face on the big screen. This is also a chance to add
      the 48 hour film festival to your bio or professional resume.
      Should we win we will get national recognition and have the ability
      to compete in other film festivals.

      So there you have it. I look forward to hearing from you. And I
      will respond to those who we feel we can use that weekend. Thanks
      for your interest. Pass this on as necessary.

      Charneice
    • Victoria Hamilton
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15, 2005
        WOW! This is great if i wasnt so far from were you are i would love tp participate. We do not have those types of opportunities in Oklahoma and it is good to see a sister involved in such a project. Although i cant attend or lend a helping hand i would like to extend a far sent GOOD LUCK and my prayers will be with your crew.

        poetisis <poetisis@...> wrote:

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Michael Lipford
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 18, 2005
          Yo, I got this email Friday, but I was waiting on my
          girl to come back to see if it would interest her. If
          you all have anymore information on this that we might
          need, please let me know. This sounds like an
          excellent opportunity to do BIG things!!
          --- poetisis <poetisis@...> wrote:

          > What's up everyone. My writing partner Drew
          > "Droopy" Anderson and I
          > have embarked on a wonderful adventure that might
          > interest some of
          > you. We have had the honor of being accepted into
          > the 48 hour film
          > festival. What is the 48 hour film festival you
          > ask? Check the
          > website www.48hourfilm.com for information.
          >
          > We have put together a team to basically write,
          > shoot, act, edit and
          > compose a score in 48 hours. This is of course a
          > short film(4 - 10
          > min), and we are excited about the challenge.
          >
          > So now here comes the part where I ask if anyone is
          > interested in
          > being apart of our team. We are taking submissions
          > for actors,
          > poets, camera operators, sound operators, light
          > operators,
          > composers and such. We will even need runners that
          > weekend. So,
          > actually anyone that feels that could be an asset to
          > developing this
          > project and making an award winning film should
          > apply. We have a
          > crew but we are still interested in additional help.
          > If you want to
          > be apart of this shoot me an email directly and tell
          > what you feel
          > you can bring to this project. You need to be free
          > the weekend of
          > April 29 - May 1. The movie will be screened at the
          > prestigious AFI
          > silver theater, in Silver Spring, MD. This is your
          > chance to see
          > your name or face on the big screen. This is also a
          > chance to add
          > the 48 hour film festival to your bio or
          > professional resume.
          > Should we win we will get national recognition and
          > have the ability
          > to compete in other film festivals.
          >
          > So there you have it. I look forward to hearing
          > from you. And I
          > will respond to those who we feel we can use that
          > weekend. Thanks
          > for your interest. Pass this on as necessary.
          >
          > Charneice

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Charneice Fox
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 18, 2005
            Hello -
            That's what's up.  In what capacity do you think you guys could help with this project?  The reason I ask is because we have a lot of writers as most of the places I posted are writer based - I just want to be sure that there aren't too many people to the point we can't get the project done.  We are taking all ideas though - and I look forward to hearing what you feel you can bring to the crew and to the project.  Thanks for you interest.

            Best,

            --- poetisis <poetisis@...> wrote:

            > What's up everyone.  My writing partner Drew
            > "Droopy" Anderson and I
            > have embarked on a wonderful adventure that might
            > interest some of
            > you.  We have had the honor of being accepted into
            > the 48 hour film
            > festival.  What is the 48 hour film festival you
            > ask?  Check the
            > website www.48hourfilm.com for information.

            > We have put together a team to basically write,
            > shoot, act, edit and
            > compose a score in 48 hours. This is of course a
            > short film(4 - 10
            > min), and we are excited about the challenge.

            > So now here comes the part where I ask if anyone is
            > interested in
            > being apart of our team.  We are taking submissions
            > for actors,
            > poets, camera operators, sound operators, light
            > operators,
            > composers and such. We will even need runners that
            > weekend. So,
            > actually anyone that feels that could be an asset to
            > developing this
            > project and making an award winning film should
            > apply.  We have a
            > crew but we are still interested in additional help.
            >  If you want to
            > be apart of this shoot me an email directly and tell
            > what you feel
            > you can bring to this project.  You need to be free
            > the weekend of
            > April 29 - May 1.  The movie will be screened at the
            > prestigious AFI
            > silver theater, in Silver Spring, MD.  This is your
            > chance to see
            > your name or face on the big screen. This is also a
            > chance to add
            > the 48 hour film festival to your bio or
            > professional resume.
            > Should we win we will get national recognition and
            > have the ability
            > to compete in other film festivals.

            > So there you have it.  I look forward to hearing
            > from you. And I
            > will respond to those who we feel we can use that
            > weekend. Thanks
            > for your interest.  Pass this on as necessary.

            > Charneice

            http://mail.yahoo.com

            CHARNEICE FOX -POET
            "it's all about the beginning . . .before that nothing matters -
            change focus"

            http://mail.yahoo.com