Re: [illpoets] How Much I Love You...

  • WISDOM PHARAOH
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 4, 2005
      Incredible...

      Olu Burrell <obligato@...> wrote:

      This poem is featured on my friend Ab's new album, "Lyrically Inclined 1.3 The Odyssey"  You can check him out at www.myspace.com/abmusic and www.myspace.com/lyricallyinclined13theodyssey

      How Much I Love You

      It’s like,- I can’t explain it

      Our relationship is the easel

      That holds the canvas of our love

      As we paint it

      You ended my blue period

      Now its colors of a lighter hue

      I paint the sun with my brushstrokes

      On images of us as old folks

      And its rays on your face make for a brighter you

      And for your presence I’m a soul in need

      And there is no key to my heart

      But to my house of love

      -I’d gladly give you the deed

      Because you set me free

      And as cliché as it sounds,

      “You opened up my eyes and allowed me to see”

      A whole new horizon unfolding in front of me

      And all I have are these words

      Because I can’t sing you a song

      But if I could,

      I would bring you every star that

      You’ve ever wished upon

      And right now you’re a princess

      Waiting for her prince to come

      Well, I’m trying to be him

      And if not me,

      At least kiss my neck

      To make the frog in my throat one-

      I asked God for direction

      And he sent me you as a sign

      We’ll have a love of epic proportions

      -One that will begin with

      “Once Upon a Time”

      How much I want you

      How much I need you

      How much I love you…

    • gcrunningback20@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2005
        i was feelin that poem. u got a real gift. i am new to this and i want
        u to let me know what u think about my poem.

        Chillin in my crib thinkin of that special girl
        we have just met but i find myself thinkin of her constantly
        i close my eyes and i see her instantly, i'm into she
        i cant climb out of love i'm in to deep
        cupid has hit me with anarrow and its in real deep
        the feeling that im felling is nothing ive felt before
        youve taken my love and taken it to the next floor, it's like
        i want to getto u but i'm chained to the floor, its' like
        ive never had u but u keep me wanting more it's like
        love

[...]

        -Olu www.olumination.blogspot.com

        ~ An Eagle Soars Alone~
        ~ An Eagle Soars Alone~

        --------

        Poetry book Poetry book publishing Poet writer
        Poetry writing contest Poet blouse

        --------
        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "illpoets" on the web.

        --------