The Official illpoets.com November News Update

  • H. J. Lee Bennett, III
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005
      What's up folks? As I've been extremely busy, I'm still not too
      busy to hit ya'll with some new content that's been waiting to be
      sampled

      First, we have a couple of events that have been on the calendar(s)
      for a minute, but are going down on a weekly basis-
      Lee the Poet featuring @ Bohemian Caverns (tomorrow only, ya'll)
      Hosted by: Dehejia Maat Open Mic: 8pm to 12am,
      November 3, 2005
      Doors open @ 8pm
      11th and U Streets, NW
      Donations: $15 (for food and voucher towards your food and/or drink)

      Spit Dat! Hosted by: Droopy the Broke Baller
      Mocha Hut @ 1301 U St. NW
      Washington, DC
      8 to 11pm, signups start around 7:30pm
      FREE ADMISSION!
      *If you're in the DC metro area, and can support, please come on out
      and show your love and support.

      Secondly, we have a new feature on the site- Ms. Shaneka Prince aka
      Trinity, showing you just how deep the rabbit hole goes!
      http://www.illpoets.com/archives/features/shaneka_prince_feature.asp

      Thirdly, yet another movie and music review have been added by your
      truly, bringing you the goodness on a cinematic banger, Crash, and
      the in-depth review of Kanye's latest, Late Registration!!
      http://www.illpoets.com/reviews/movies/v_crash.asp
      http://www.illpoets.com/reviews/music/m_kanye-late.asp

      Finally, Granma is still cooking up controversy, although she's been
      simmering a bit as of late. Be sure to stop through Granma's
      Kitchen, as she always has something hot cooking just for you! See
      what's cooking in Granma's Kitchen-
      http://www.illpoets.com/archives/journals/dine-in.asp

      As usual, we're trying to keep it fresh, so I'll be looking to add
      even more hot content for ya'll in the coming months. Keep an eye
      out for more movie, music and book reviews, new featured artists
      like Laren Neyland, new poetry from the illpoets.com
      crew...and I may even finally start adding video soon! We'll see,
      stay tuned!
      Oh, and, the illpoets.com CD has been doing its thing, so make sure
      you cop that from the illpoets.com store while you're there:
      http://www.illpoets.com/store/cd-inv.asp#illpoetsSeasons
      One!