On The World Wide Word Radio Network July 2 Moe Green with Kim Addonizio, Naomi Shihab Nye & Marcie Riel

  • Rafael Alvarado
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2008
      The World Wide Word Radio Network

      Is proud to present the following upcoming shows
      (check out the bios for our guests below)

        To listen to any of our shows click below
       Listen live or later
      Feel free to download any of our archived shows
       http://www.blogtalkradio.com/onword/
       Call in number (718) 508-9717

      This Wednesday
      July 2
      THE MOE GREEN POETRY HOUR
      10 Am Pacific time,12pm central 1 pm eastern
      Join Rafael F. J. Alvarado (aka Moe Green) & Cassandra Love
      as They listens to the poetry of

      Kim Addonizio

      Naomi Shihab Nye

      open reader
      Marcie Riel

      Naomi Shihab Nye

      Naomi Shihab Nye is author or editor of more than 27 books -- poems, essays, children's books, seven anthologies of poetry from around the world for young readers, and most recently, HONEYBEE.
      Palestinian-American, and a resident of San Antonio, Texas, she travels widely for talks and workshops.

      Kim Addonizio

      Kim Addonizio is the author of three books of poetry from BOA Editions: The Philosopher's Club, Jimmy & Rita, and Tell Me, which was a finalist for the 2000 National Book Award. Her latest collection, What Is This Thing Called Love, was published by W.W. Norton in January 2004. A book of stories, In the Box Called Pleasure, was published by Fiction Collective 2. She is also co-author, with Dorianne Laux, of The Poet's Companion: A Guide to the Pleasures of Writing Poetry (W.W. Norton). With Cheryl Dumesnil she co-edited Dorothy Parker's Elbow: Tattoos on Writers, Writers on Tattoos (Warner Books).
      Her first novel, Little Beauties, was published by Simon & Schuster in August 2005 and came out in paperback inJuly 06. Her new novel, My Dreams Out in the Street, has just been published by Simon & Schuster (July 07).
      She also has a word/music CD with poet Susan Browne, "Swearing, Smoking, Drinking, & Kissing," available from cdbaby.
      Her awards include two fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts, a Guggenheim Fellowship,a Pushcart Prize, a Commonwealth Club Poetry Medal, and the John Ciardi Lifetime Achievement Award.
      Her poetry and fiction have appeared widely in anthologies and literary journals including Alaska Quarterly Review, American Poetry Review, Chick-Lit, Dick for a Day, Gettysburg Review, Paris Review, Penthouse, Poetry, and Threepenny Review. She teaches private workshops in Oakland, CA.

      Marcie Riel
      Marcie Riel
      25 years old, living in Oshawa ON work as a hairdresser loves the arts and being creative writing poety since I was 11
      Aboriginal Canadian belonging to the Metis(May-Tee) Tribe
      I hope this is good
      Thanks Marcie

      Past Shows

      http://www.blogtalkradio.com/onword/2008/06/17/EasySpeaks-host-By-Doug-Knott

      Listen  to Easy Speak
      With

      Doug Knott
      as he speaks with
      former Poet Laureate of the United States (1997-2000).
      Robert Pinsky
      Author
      of Gulf Music
      link below
      http://www.blogtalkradio.com/onword/2008/06/17/EasySpeaks-host-By-Doug-Knott
      Listen to

      THE MOE GREEN POETRY HOUR
      http://www.blogtalkradio.com/onword/2008/06/18/The-Moe-Green-Poetry-Hour-Hosted-By-Rafael-FJ-Alvarado
      Rafael F. J. Alvarado (aka Moe Green) & Kate Durbin
      as They listens to the poetry of

      Lisa Alvarado
      http://www.lisaalvarado.net/
      _
      http://www.blogtalkradio.com/onword/2008/06/18/The-Moe-Green-Poetry-Hour-Hosted-By-Rafael-FJ-Alvarado
      Listen to
       For The Love Of Poetry
       Hosted by Cassandra Love

       She Wil Be Talking to
      Naomi Shihab Nye
      http://www.blogtalkradio.com/onword/2008/06/20/For-The-Love-Of-Poetry-hosted-Cassandra-Love

      listen to

       Unobstructed

       Hosted by Alaina R. Alexander
      As she talks to Valerie Martínez & John C Sweet
      http://www.blogtalkradio.com/onword/2008/06/21/UNOBSTRUCTED-hosted-by-Alaina-R-Alexander
      listen to

        Between the Sheets: Conversations with Editors & Publishers

       Join Stacey Mangiaracina & Roy K. Johnston
      as they speak with

      Tia Chucha Press

      Luis J. Rodriguez
      http://www.blogtalkradio.com/onword/2008/06/25/Between-The-Sheets-hosted-by-Stacey-Mangiaracina-Roy-Johnston