Welcome New Baltimore SlamMaster: Chris August

  • Delrica Andrews
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2007
      Dear poets & friends,

      In the 3 years that I have been the Baltimore SlamMaster, I have been blessed to meet a lot of you and even had the opportunity to call some of you my friends.  However, as with all good things, my time as the Baltimore SlamMaster has come to an end.

      As of September 1, 2007, I have resigned my position as SlamMaster for the SLAMicide Poetry Series in Baltimore.  It is with great enthusiasm that I present the new SlamMaster, Chris August. Chris has been a long time member of the Baltimore poetry slam scene, has been on four slam teams and has been our long time captain and coach of the DC/Baltimore Slam Team.  He is an integral member of everything that the Baltimore slam scene has come to be and will continue to be the outstanding poet, performer and friend he's always been.

      Even though I will no longer be a part of the administrative portion of the Baltimore Slam family, I will always be around to cheer them on as they continue to bring you one hell of a show. I will also continue to be the Washington, DC SlamMistress so I'll definitely see you around sooner than later.

      Joining Chris in his journey will be the amazing SLAMicide hosting squad (Janna Tanner, goddess of all things; Chris Wilson, one of the most amazing writers I have the fortune of knowing; and Granma Dave Schein, media wiz and amazing human being).

      If you would like to schedule a feature with SLAMicide or have any questions regarding the Baltimore Slam Team, please feel free to contact Chris August at slammaster@... or chrisaugust@....

      As DC Slam gets settled in their new digs and we coordinate a new schedule, we will be sending out solicitations for features So be on the lookout...we'll be coming for you!

      Again, thank you all for your unending support of the Baltimore Slam Scene.

      Signing off for now,
      Delrica Andrews
      SlamMaster for DC Slam in Washington, DC

      Visit www.4luvofpoetry.com for all of your poetry information needs (giving you poetry venue info and more since 2000 and growing more and more each day)