STORIES FOR AND BY WOMEN OF COLOR

  • Nik Joyner
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 8:20 AM
      I know I havent really been sending out a lot of my writing lately. To be honest I seem to be in some sort of a funk.  I did want to send this email out to everyone because many of you write short stories as well as poetry.  I thought it might interest you.--Nik

      Subject: *ANONYMOUS NO MORE: STORIES FOR AND BY WOMEN OF COLOR*

      *ANONYMOUS NO MORE: STORIES FOR AND BY WOMEN OF COLOR*

      CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
      *Anonymous No More: Stories for and by Women of Color*
      it is.*

      Anonymous No More was born out of a vision to give credit to women of color who have been misquoted as anonymous or simply ignored over the years. This project seeks to not only give credit to these "anonymous" writers/thinkers but to collect a web of stories that are often known but not publicly recognized.

      Anonymous No More is for and by all women of color – urban, rural, queer, trans, all ages, mothers, and artists of all experience levels, especially those who do not traditionally share their stories publicly. This is a project for any woman of color who has ever stood up to power; struggled for self-determination and liberation; worked together with others to create a stronger, healthier, conscious community.

      Anonymous aims to be a collection of stories, art, and truths that shares the way we live, survive, resist, find love, build community and family in societies where the essence of who we are, whether that be woman, person of color, queer, rebel, truth-teller, is in direct opposition to the State, to the rule of power.

      This project works to make our voices anonymous no more. This collection of stories and art speaks to our intimate understanding of survival and resistance in places where many would rather we be anonymous. We hope Anonymous No More becomes a tool to share our work with each other and to build connections between the different types of liberation, justice, community-building work everyone is involved in.

      *Submissions*
      Submissions will be accepted on a continuous basis until June 1, 2007.

      A volunteer collective of women of color will review all submissions.

      We*aim* to respond to all submissions within six months after the initial deadline.

      We are accepting art submission and stories written or dictated in your own voice (in the first person) * . *Please read the attached call for submissions for more information. To learn more about this project or our submissions process please email anonymousnomore@....

      "If you have come to help me you are wasting your time. But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine then let us work together." Lilla Watson

      --
      power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic. Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice, and justice at its best is power correcting everything that stands against love.
      MLK

      Tell A Friend About WPFW 89.3FM!

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.