Re: [illpoets] Digest Number 86

  • Charl Howard
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2005
      .....inspired by lacy's groupie

      caring for my bastard child
      should I
      say a soft word to her
      inside
      stroke her sweet listening
      with glistening
      pleasure to the pain that she is

      caring for my waygone seed
      should we
      penetrate these walls
      with me
      indeed
      I can make you groan so long
      so strong
      If I touch your intellect with ecstasy
      ONE WORLD HOLIDAY
      illpoets@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good.

      There are 2 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Diary of a Poetry Groupie (Back Stage Pass)
      From: "AVO Communications,Inc"
      2. Re: HBO Punany poet Mo Browne w/Kenya @ Taste Lounge Aug 2
      From: Nik Joyner

      Message: 1
      Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:03:52 -0500 (CDT)
      From: "AVO Communications,Inc"
      Subject: Diary of a Poetry Groupie (Back Stage Pass)

      She saw me
      at the show
      on the mic
      Rantin'
      Kickin'
      Rhymin'
      Spittin'
      Flowin'
      and as soon's
      the show ends...
      She fades to
      backstage...
      Her credentials
      she's dawnin'
      On and on and on
      she went about how
      she loves poetry...
      Then she says:
      "I'm diggin'
      on you and it's kickin'
      like
      Carradine playin'
      Kane on
      Kung Fu"....
      And as I'm listenin'
      the clocks tickin'...
      I'm not like I was back
      in the day...
      and to revert now
      would fertilize those bad seeds
      ...and my new plow may
      get dull and end up thrown
      into the weeds...
      She wants me to be a dog
      yet my poetry gave it to her
      every way she liked
      when I was on the mic...
      Then she mentioned
      that she wanted to have
      my child...
      But this is so wild...
      When I was on the set
      I impregnated her
      with a poetic sperm
      that entered her ears
      and tore through the
      walls encompassing her spirit
      as the lyric planted a seed
      before she could even hear it...
      My resistance
      only fuels her passionate
      persistence...
      What am I to do?
      Stay tuned for Part II

      (c)2005 Marc Lacy

      Message: 2
      Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 07:33:18 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Nik Joyner
      Subject: Re: HBO Punany poet Mo Browne w/Kenya @ Taste Lounge Aug 2

      I love the Punany Poets. I don't see the address for the August 2nd performance by Mahogany in the email. I'd really appreciate it if you've got it. thanks for your help and thanks for spreading the word.

      siskenya_nyc wrote:GREETINGS ERRYBODY! THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF LADYSPEAKS...

      YOU MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR US TO TAKE THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! :)
      AS FOR KICKIN IT WIT KENYA, WEDNESDAY, YOU REALLY MADE IT A SUCCESS,
      THE PLACE WAS EXPLODING WITH TALENT; EVEN THE OPEN MIC HAD SOME
      HOTNESS!!! SHOUTS TO HASAN SALAAM (5TH COLUMN), KASIM, SALEEMA &
      AQEEL, TAKEEMA, RED CLAY, ROB HYLTON, SKY **NO DRINKS** LER, AND J-
      SLEAZY (THE WHITE KID FROM NEW YORK)--

      YOU JUST HAD TO BE THERE!

      CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S EVENTS...

      IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO RECEIVE THIS MAILING, PLEASE MAIL
      LADYSPEAKS@... WITH THE SUBJECT LINE UNSUBSCRIBE!

      GOOD DAY!!

      Poetry Night
      This Tuesday, August 2, 2005
      Doors open at 9:30pm
      Showtime is 10:00pm

      *****SHOWCASING*****

      HBO Punany Poet,
      Mahogany L. Browne,

      femme fatale poetic voice on Hennessy's Poetry Minute; aired on CBS'
      talk shows The Ananda Lewis Show and Iyanla Vanzant Show; has earned
      the highly-acclaimed title as The Nuyorican Poets Café Grand Slam
      Semi-finalist (2002); winner of Harlem's phenomenal SugarShack Slam;
      the Hottest Poets Slam @ Jimmy's Uptown and Buffalo, NY Njozi
      Magazine's Slam & Tri-State Team Slam; author of two self-published
      poetic works Soul Systa's Elixir & Drifting Under the Influence,
      She fronts the birth of a performance poetry union (Artist Alliance)
      along with a spoken word publication (Verses Magazine). Her
      journalist works can be found in the pages of internationally
      distributed magazines KING, XXL and The Source, Canada's The Word
      and UK's MOBO.

      General admission: FREE Before 10pm
      *Get on Guest List for Discounted Admission!*
      Free Martinis, Beer, & Wine: 9:30 to 10:30pm
      Free Buffet: 9:30pm `til food is gone
      After-Party: 11:00pm `til 2:00am

      **HOSTED BY KENYA ladyspeaks NAIROBI**
      Who is Kenya Nairobi?
      She is your HOSTESS with the MOSTESS, EMCEE< POET> SINGER>
      MOTHER>and your ticket to quality entertainment at Taste Lounge
      Tuesdays and Flava's Restaurant Wednesday s!
      **LadySpeaks**

      ENTERTAINMENT NITE
      Wednesday, August 3, 2005
      Open Buffet: 8:30
      LADIES FREE before 9:30PM
      $1 Drinks until 9:30PM

      LadySpeaks presents just the HOTNESS!!! in entertainment. On our
      first night, last week, we had the 2005 Promo Radio 91.9FM
      Underground Artist of the Year-Hasan Salaam, Black Galaxy Beat
      Champion Rugged-N-Raw, the 2003 Unsigned Hype Artist of the Year-Red
      Clay, NJN / NY TIMES/ Poet Wonder-Rob Hylton, 2005 Newark Idol
      Search Winners-Saleema & Aqeel, Prolific Young Singers Kasim and
      Takeema, HeatBeat's own Nick Nova, not including errybody on the
      open MIC!

      Join us next week at the classy, NY Chic environment with the best
      of all worlds

      Comedian: Mr. Clay
      Singer: Takiyah (she's the next Mary J. I tell you)
      HipHop: 8th Wonder; he is THE M.C. (boy is NICE!!!)
      Poetry: Seti: this ain't your snap your fingers, tea & incense poet
      151: HipHop meets reggae (they're fam!)

      With after party by the DJ's favorite: DJ Priority (with that old
      school hip hop, those classics, dance to drop, and all the hotness)
      Rockin until 2:00 AM!!!

      AT
      FLAVA's Restaurant & Lounge
      24 E. Park Street
      Downtown Newark
      Around the corner from NJPAC

      Contact us for
      KENYA NAIROBI CONCERT SERIES
      LECTURE MANAGEMENT
      MARKETING AND PROMOTIONS

      this is a time when i so thirst for her --i think of her as raindrops and wait anxiously---to gather in cupped hands and drink 1 nourishing drop at a...

      http://mail.yahoo.com

      [This message contained attachments]

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      http://mail.yahoo.com