Re: [illpoets] HBO Punany poet Mo Browne w/Kenya @ Taste Lounge Aug 2

  • Nik Joyner
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
      I love the Punany Poets.  I don't see the address for the August 2nd performance by Mahogany in the email.  I'd really appreciate it if you've got it.  thanks for your help and thanks for spreading the word.

      siskenya_nyc <siskenya_nyc@...> wrote:
      GREETINGS ERRYBODY! THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF LADYSPEAKS...

      YOU MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR US TO TAKE THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! :)
      AS FOR KICKIN IT WIT KENYA, WEDNESDAY, YOU REALLY MADE IT A SUCCESS,
      THE PLACE WAS EXPLODING WITH TALENT; EVEN THE OPEN MIC HAD SOME
      HOTNESS!!! SHOUTS TO HASAN SALAAM (5TH COLUMN), KASIM, SALEEMA &
      AQEEL, TAKEEMA, RED CLAY, ROB HYLTON, SKY **NO DRINKS** LER, AND J-
      SLEAZY (THE WHITE KID FROM NEW YORK)--

      YOU JUST HAD TO BE THERE!

      CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S EVENTS...

      IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO RECEIVE THIS MAILING, PLEASE MAIL
      LADYSPEAKS@... WITH THE SUBJECT LINE UNSUBSCRIBE!

      GOOD DAY!!

      Poetry Night
      This Tuesday, August 2, 2005
      Doors open at 9:30pm
      Showtime is 10:00pm

      *****SHOWCASING*****

      HBO Punany Poet,
      Mahogany L. Browne,

      femme fatale poetic voice on Hennessy's Poetry Minute; aired on CBS'
      talk shows The Ananda Lewis Show and Iyanla Vanzant Show; has earned
      the highly-acclaimed title as The Nuyorican Poets Café Grand Slam
      Semi-finalist (2002); winner of Harlem's phenomenal SugarShack Slam;
      the Hottest Poets Slam @ Jimmy's Uptown and Buffalo, NY Njozi
      Magazine's Slam & Tri-State Team Slam; author of two self-published
      poetic works Soul Systa's Elixir & Drifting Under the Influence,
      She fronts the birth of a performance poetry union (Artist Alliance)
      along with a spoken word publication (Verses Magazine). Her
      journalist works can be found in the pages of internationally
      distributed magazines KING, XXL and The Source, Canada's The Word
      and UK's MOBO.

      General admission: FREE Before 10pm
      *Get on Guest List for Discounted Admission!*
      Free Martinis, Beer, & Wine: 9:30 to 10:30pm
      Free Buffet: 9:30pm `til food is gone
      After-Party: 11:00pm `til 2:00am

      **HOSTED BY KENYA ladyspeaks NAIROBI**
      Who is Kenya Nairobi?
      She is your HOSTESS with the MOSTESS, EMCEE< POET> SINGER>
      MOTHER>and your ticket to quality entertainment at Taste Lounge
      Tuesdays and Flava's Restaurant Wednesday s!
      **LadySpeaks**

      ENTERTAINMENT NITE
      Wednesday, August 3, 2005
      Open Buffet: 8:30
      LADIES FREE before 9:30PM
      $1 Drinks until 9:30PM

      LadySpeaks presents just the HOTNESS!!! in entertainment. On our
      first night, last week, we had the 2005 Promo Radio 91.9FM
      Underground Artist of the Year-Hasan Salaam, Black Galaxy Beat
      Champion Rugged-N-Raw, the 2003 Unsigned Hype Artist of the Year-Red
      Clay, NJN / NY TIMES/ Poet Wonder-Rob Hylton, 2005 Newark Idol
      Search Winners-Saleema & Aqeel, Prolific Young Singers Kasim and
      Takeema, HeatBeat's own Nick Nova, not including errybody on the
      open MIC!

      Join us next week at the classy, NY Chic environment with the best
      of all worlds

      Comedian: Mr. Clay
      Singer: Takiyah (she's the next Mary J. I tell you)
      HipHop: 8th Wonder; he is THE M.C. (boy is NICE!!!)
      Poetry: Seti: this ain't your snap your fingers, tea & incense poet
      151: HipHop meets reggae (they're fam!)

      With after party by the DJ's favorite: DJ Priority (with that old
      school hip hop, those classics, dance to drop, and all the hotness)
      Rockin until 2:00 AM!!!

      AT
      FLAVA's Restaurant & Lounge
      24 E. Park Street
      Downtown Newark
      Around the corner from NJPAC

      Contact us for
      KENYA NAIROBI CONCERT SERIES
      LECTURE MANAGEMENT
      MARKETING AND PROMOTIONS

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      this is a time when i so thirst for her --i think of her as raindrops and wait anxiously---to gather in cupped hands and drink 1 nourishing drop at a...

      http://mail.yahoo.com