Re: [illpoets] Digest Number 71

  • jessica smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17 11:55 AM
      perhaps it was the exact moment that i read your poem. but, i must thank you for articulating that emotion, that emotion that stands unwavring in my life.

      Charl Howard <bornecerious@...> wrote:
      So much emotion and shit
      All these words gettin intimate
      Reaching for that empty fill
      Praying on that fix all pill
      Wanton of physical and emotional rapture
      For this essence heard and read
      Still trying to capture
      And cast away my faults in you
      If only you would see me as I used to
      Before the failures when I felt strong
      When I could rock that body all night long
      When romance was a high
      When the feel of your inner thigh
      Was all a nigga ever needed to get by
      Still dreaming at night of a face I've never seen
      Of a love that won't hurt and is precious and clean
      Of that look in the eyes of my first wife
      That assured me she'd stay for life
      That assured me she'd be mine every night
      Dreaming of the time when I felt like Mr. Right
      All these flowery words
      These metaphors and slick verbs
      All these intimate vibes
      From these frivolous scribes
      When we say we won't leave
      That should be what we mean
      But I'ts not
      Because the love we really want is a dream

      ....inspiration - Outside  of cases where there is abuse or mad infidelity or things of that nature. It is my feeling that most of our relationships fail because we have a distorted view of what that committment means. In addition, we Africans in America, because of this culture, are in the mix of a terrible trend that makes light of what all is a stake in walking away from one another. It is not a far cry to assert that Black Man and Black Woman are at war with one another.  Be with that person because you love loving them and being dedicated to their happiness.  Though this will not yeild us the dreamy blissfull perfect love of our dreams that we poets often compose in our desires and longing, It will produce for us a hope of having what those old folks that have made it 40 50 and 60 years have. It will stabalize our homes, our hoods, our political standing, and our world impact. Big ambition, I know. But, this is the true miracle of that intimate touch of the one you love. And the true wonder is that you don't even have to be LIKING that muthafucka at any particular time. Hard times in relationships pass. Your benefits are good for life. peace - love each other and be at the spot Millions More Movement

      illpoets@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      There are 2 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Fwd: The "Butterfly" Heads To Chi-Town July 22-24, 2005
      From: MindPenSoul@...
      2. Re: 14 Month Of Celibacy
      From: MaSheSha1984@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:16:59 EDT
      From: MindPenSoul@...
      Subject: Fwd: The "Butterfly" Heads To Chi-Town July 22-24, 2005

      In a message dated 7/15/2005 4:07:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, MindPenSoul
      writes:

      EarCandy Entertainment
      presents

      PND ~ poetry & Dance
      2nd, 3rd, & 4th Saturday
      of the month

      Saturday, July 23, 2005
      @
      Southside Community Art Center
      3831 South Michigan Avenue

      Open Mic Starts @ 9:00 PM
      Cover ~ $7.00

      Hosted by ~ Miles
      Music by ~ DJ Lucky

      After Set Begins @ 12Midnight
      House, Reggae, Hip-Hop & Soul
      Poets, MCs, Singers, Dancers & Musicians

      *From Miami, FL ~
      Int'l Spoken Word Artist & Freestyle Extraordinaire Will Be In The House
      Blessing The Mic
      Rebecca "Butterfly" Vaughns

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 2
      Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:22:04 -0400
      From: MaSheSha1984@...
      Subject: Re: 14 Month Of Celibacy

      No problem, credit to where credit is due. Thanx

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      http://mail.yahoo.com