Introduction

  • TianaMarie
    Message 1 of 7 , May 30, 2006
      Just thought I’d take a minute to share
      a ‘lil sumthin sumthin ‘bout who I am.
      I been peepin for a while,
      Afraid if I shared you might condemn.

      But you all put yourselves out there,
      and I’ve never been a very good thief.
      For me to take without giving in return,
      goes again my moral belief.

      My work tends to be rather unsophisticated.
      It also tends to be extremely predicated,
      Upon how deeply I’ve felt the joy or the pain
      See when I write, it’s to vomit, not entertain.

      But I want to be liked, I think that’s just normal.
      And this setting is unthreatening and very informal.
      So I’m putting myself out there with this little piece.
      Hoping you’ll like me and the butterflies will cease.

       Peace & Blessings, TianaMarie

       Thought For The Week:

      Safety is Not The Absence of Danger.........
      ..... It is the Presence of God

    • Charles Seltenright
      Message 2 of 7 , May 30, 2006
        Tiana,
         While none of us can promise you some idiot will not condem or critcize,most of us want to help others be better poets as well as ourselves.Yes, it is putting yourself out there,exposing  our very soul to the world.But to myself its something I have to do in an effort to be whole.I have always said to read my poetry was opening the window to my very soul.
         But I want you to experience the feeling that comes with it...Freedom.As you write it will become a release for all those things you just wrote to us.It will pour from within,become like an addiction but will be TRUE medication for all you hold inside.
         Open your wings lady and just fly we hear what you are saying.And remember the only judge you really have to fear is God on judgement day.
        Chuck

        TianaMarie <nothinbutaword@...> wrote:
        Just thought I’d take a minute to share
        a ‘lil sumthin sumthin ‘bout who I am.
        I been peepin for a while,
        Afraid if I shared you might condemn.

        But you all put yourselves out there,
        and I’ve never been a very good thief.
        For me to take without giving in return,
        goes again my moral belief.

        My work tends to be rather unsophisticated.
        It also tends to be extremely predicated,
        Upon how deeply I’ve felt the joy or the pain
        See when I write, it’s to vomit, not entertain.

        But I want to be liked, I think that’s just normal.
        And this setting is unthreatening and very informal.
        So I’m putting myself out there with this little piece.
        Hoping you’ll like me and the butterflies will cease.

         Peace & Blessings, TianaMarie

         Thought For The Week:

        Safety is Not The Absence of Danger.........
        ..... It is the Presence of God

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • toenairs@netzero.net
        Message 3 of 7 , May 30, 2006
          that was banging!!!

          Call Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World - FREE!
          Free Internet calling from NetZero Voice
          Visit http://www.netzerovoice.com today!
        • toenairs@netzero.net

            Message 5 of 7 , May 30, 2006
              I kind of wrote the poem ''Not A Choice'' in response...it jus came to me.

              "toenairs@..." <toenairs@...> wrote:
              i totally agree with Charles.  Well said!

            • Nik Joyner
              Message 6 of 7 , May 31, 2006
                Well...Hello to you too and welcome.  This was the first email I read today and although I'm not feeling the best emotionally or physically...It also was my first smile of the day.  Thanks and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

[...]

                http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Olu Burrell
                Message 7 of 7 , May 31, 2006

                  I love this piece.  After that intro, there should be no more butterflies. Respect.

                  Olu M. Burrell

                  www.myspace.com/olumination

                  From: TianaMarie <nothinbutaword@...>
                  To: illpoets@yahoogroups.com
                  Subject: [illpoets] Introduction
                  Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 00:16:54 -0700 (PDT)

                  Just thought I�d take a minute to share
                  a �lil sumthin sumthin �bout who I am.
                  I been peepin for a while,
                  Afraid if I shared you might condemn.

                  But you all put yourselves out there,
                  and I�ve never been a very good thief.
                  For me to take without giving in return,
                  goes again my moral belief.

                  My work tends to be rather unsophisticated.
                  It also tends to be extremely predicated,
                  Upon how deeply I�ve felt the joy or the pain
                  See when I write, it�s to vomit, not entertain.

                  But I want to be liked, I think that�s just normal.
                  And this setting is unthreatening and very informal.
                  So I�m putting myself out there with this little piece.
                  Hoping you�ll like me and the butterflies will cease.

                   Peace & Blessings, TianaMarie

                   Thought For The Week:

                  Safety is Not The Absence of Danger.........
                  ..... It is the Presence of God

                  Poetry writingPoetryPoetry book publisher
                  Poetry bookPoetry book publishingPoet writer

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS