Hi All!

  • bev071167
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 26, 2009
      Hi everyone! I am new to the Illinois Gourd Society. I joined this
      past August up at the Sandlady's Farm. I was the one hauling around
      the stroller, the 2 youngens, and a garbage bag full of my gourd
      projects to see if I measured up, LOL. I saw in the Newsletter that
      this group has been started and I think it's great. I have yet to join
      the AGS but plan to do so very soon. I am kicking myself that I missed
      the deadline for the clay embellieshment contest since that's what I
      like to do most. Well I look forward to sharing ideas and seeing what
      others are working on.
      Love Bev Notaro
    • ilmidwife@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 26, 2009
        Hi Bev.  so good to hear from you.  I see you have a 217 area code, so must be near Springfield, Decatur area?  There is a patch forming in the Clinton area.  Do wish you had been an AGS mbr for the clay embellishment contest.  I do remember you at Sand lady's festival.  would you be interested in teaching a class for us at our two upcoming festivals?  the first is in northern Illinois .. a NW regional festival,  May 2-3 and the second is our annual state festival sept 11-13 at the Chicago botanic garden.  you'd be welcome at our patch meetings, but we might be a little far.  let me know how we can be of help.  best wishes, Bonnie/ ILGS pres.

        **************
        A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=DecemailfooterNO62)
      • Beverly Notaro
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 26, 2009
          Hey Bonnie, I would LOVE to teach at the upcoming gourd fests but my union carpenter husband has been laid off from work since september (gotta love this economy!) which means any extra traveling and babysitting expense is totally out of the question.  I do, however, thank God for the almighty gourds........they have pulled us through this tough time and hopefully will continue to do so.  I do have a couple presentations scheduled which means free advertisement for me.  If things get back ot normal around here I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to vend at the Botanic Garden in Chicago.  I bet that would be an awesome opportunity.  Thanks fo getting back to me.
          TTYS, Love Bev

          Beverly Notaro
          490 NCR 2175 East
          Oakland, Illinois 61943

          To: ilgs@yahoogroups.com
          From: ilmidwife@...
          Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:56:01 -0500
          Subject: Re: [ilgs] Hi All!

          ************ **
          A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (http://pr.atwola. com/promoclk/ 100000075x121585 5013x1201028747/ aol?redir= http://www. freecreditreport .com/pm/default. aspx?sc=668072% 26hmpgID= 62%26bcd= DecemailfooterNO 62)

          Hotmail® goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone. See how.
        • ilmidwife@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 28, 2009
            Hi Bev.  I just forwarded your note to JOyce Dankowski who is in charge of vending at the Botanic Garden.  the fee for vendors is $75 total, and remembering your work.. think you would do well.  on a good day there are l0,000 people who come through.  hope it works out for us and that the weather is good.  also just forwarded a newsletter from arizona gourds.. Bonnie Gibson's business.  she is fabulous.  best wishes.... by the way, where do you live?  there is a gourd festival in Arthur Ill maybe near you.. 217 area code.  think in June.  bonnie

            **************
            A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=DecemailfooterNO62)
          • Karen Wilson
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 28, 2009
              Hi, Just a note to invite all again to the 21 Midwestern Herb and Garden Show on February 13-15, 2009 at Times Square Mall Broadway and 42nd Street, Mount Vernon, IL.  Times for Friday are from 9 to 9 p.m. and Saturday from 9 to 9 p.m. and Sunday noon to 5 p.m.  Free seminars, vendors, and a gourd birdhouse workshop we are only charging $10 for supplies for first 20 who sign up making a wren house and telling of other size holes to attract other birds and shapes with gourds can use.  Also on Friday around 12:15 doing a "World of Gourds" presentation.  So far going well making it but could use some photos if any will give us free permission to copy of African shekerie gourds or any primitive types.   Also would be nice to have a list of growers and people who sell gourd supplies in Illinois to pass out with public and any flyers you all want us to pass out regarding our society and upcoming dates to keep in mind.  Be glad to help.

              Thanks all.
              Karen and Paul Wilson
              Wilsons Gourds
              4477 Kell Road
              Kell, IL 62853
              wilsonsgourds@...

              Hi Bev.  I just forwarded your note to JOyce Dankowski who is in charge of vending at the Botanic Garden.  the fee for vendors is $75 total, and remembering your work.. think you would do well.  on a good day there are l0,000 people who come through.  hope it works out for us and that the weather is good.  also just forwarded a newsletter from arizona gourds.. Bonnie Gibson's business.  she is fabulous.  best wishes.... by the way, where do you live?  there is a gourd festival in Arthur Ill maybe near you.. 217 area code.  think in June.  bonnie

              ************ **
              A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (http://pr.atwola. com/promoclk/ 100000075x121585 5013x1201028747/ aol?redir= http://www. freecreditreport .com/pm/default. aspx?sc=668072% 26hmpgID= 62%26bcd= DecemailfooterNO 62)

            • Karen Caldwell
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 28, 2009

                Karen,

                I think I have a photo or two of shekeries I’ve made. Also a shaker from a long handled dipper with seed pods (a la Ralph Irish). I’ll post them in the photo section here and I think you can copy from there.  Also, I’m mailing the newsletters today so you should be getting the hardcopy in a day or two.  Sorry you can’t get it online- pics are much better there. The Gourd Happenings with dates and events is all on one page so you could make copies for your show.

                The Other Karen

                Karen L. Caldwell

                See my gourds at www.picturetrail.com/karencaldwell

                wilsonsgourds@ yahoo.com

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 28, 2009
                  Thanks Karen.  It is beautiful your shaker and will look good in the presentation photo to the public.  We appreciate your help.
                  Karen and Paul Wilson
                  wilsonsgourds@...