185Invitation from Region 1 Illinois Gourd Society from Karen and Paul Wilson, Wilsons Gourds

  • Karen Wilson
    Jan 28, 2012
      Hello,  We are asking you all to spread the word regarding a Southern Gourd Event at The 24th Annual Midwestern Herb and Garden Show, Times Square Mall, 42nd and Broadway, Mt. Vernon, IL 62864 on February 10, 2012.  There will be three gourd workshops that day.  At 1 p.m. Debbie Wilson is offering a gourd workshop on making a gourd ornament or necklace like a cardinal.
      At 7 p.m. there is a 30 minute walkin class hosted by Yvonne Miller- Make an antique Gourd Pin.  Folks may take both Yvonne's and our class.

      Our class is at 7 p.m. also- Designing your own Gourd Wren Birdhouse, $15.00,  one hour and 30 minutes or less.  Class size limit is 18.  You may view all at illinoisgourdsociety.com under Midwestern Herb and Garden Show.  Also our website for our class at www.wilsonsgourds.com and also www.midwesternherbandgardenshow.com

      The show goes on from February 10 through February 12, 2012,  Friday and Saturday is 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and there is another workshop that has to do with glass mosiacs at 10;30 a.m..  Not a gourd class but could learn mosiacs maybe and put on a gourd.  Always possibilities.

      Also Sunday is noon to 5 p.m.

      There will be lots of free seminars and classes too.  Workshops do have fees for supplies.  Free admission.  Lots of unqiue vendors.  We will be by Sears all three days with our booth space too.   Other gourd artists too.  Lots of herbs, plants, books, seeds, fragnances, wood items, food items, farm market baked goods and cheeses, nuts, fudge, handmade items, china, antques, plants, etc.
      Anything you can think of will probably be at this show.

      Deborah Lee is the featured speaker an herb educator who has taught all over the United States and Europe.  Offering three free classes on herbs.  Even a speaker on Friday on Diabetic cooking, one the following day blacksmith tools, etc.

      This is a big show.  Hope to see some of you.   So far the weather has been great.  Hope it stays that way.

      Event is inside the mall.   Seminars and workshops are by Sears in the Seminar room.
      Questions- email me at wilsonsgourds@...
      Thanks.
      Karen and Paul Wilson
      Wilsons Gourds and members