Before, it was land from Indians and now crude oil from Iraqis

  • Stan Szopa
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 26, 2005
      I am observing this US Bush mania for some time. I am
      from Poland and observed many crooks similar to Bush.
      I think I did find out why he still has huge support
      from middle income citizens.

      The scared and twist minded citizens don’t care about
      how many US solders and Iraq citizens will died …they
      know that crude oil is a blood of economy and without
      it US greatness will vanish in no time.

      Bush is very committed to fight for oil for scared and
      twist minded citizens.

      Bush after invasion of Iraq went to Poland to
      visit…Auschwitz to fool naïve that he is not another
      aggressor like Hitler.

      Bush didn’t meet with a mayor of Krakow because mayor
      said that Bush is doing exactly the same thing to Iraq
      as Hitler did to Poland: the falsely provoked
      aggression.

      Bush is getting support from similarly twist minded
      citizens as Hitler get it in Germany.

      It is “in a blood” of some people of this nation…

      Not too long ago, genocides of Indians to get land was
      accepted and even promoted by Governments with well
      known saying:

      "The Only Good Indian Is a Dead Indian"

      http://www.dickshovel.com/ind.html

      and payments for Indian’s scalp: CHILDREN, WOMEN AND
      MAN.

      http://www.marquette.edu/library/neh/dunne/resource/scalping.htm

      “…Europeans brought this cruel custom of paying for
      killings to the American frontier. Here they were
      willing to pay for just the scalp, instead of the
      whole head.
      The first documented instance in the American colonies
      of paying bounties for native scalps is credited to
      Governor Kieft of New Netherlands. By 1703, the
      Massachusetts Bay Colony was offering $60 for each
      native scalp.

      And in 1756, Pennsylvania Governor Morris, in his
      Declaration of War against the Lenni Lenape (Delaware)
      people, offered "130 Pieces of Eight [a type of coin],
      for the Scalp of Every Male Indian Enemy, above the
      Age of Twelve Years, " and "50 Pieces of Eight for the
      Scalp of Every Indian Woman, produced as evidence of
      their being killed."

      Massachusetts by that time was offering a bounty of 40
      pounds (again, a unit of currency) for a male Indian
      scalp, and 20 pounds for scalps of females or of
      children under 12 years old.

      The terrible thing was that it was very difficult to
      tell a man's scalp from a woman's, or an adult's from
      a child's - or that of an enemy soldier from a
      peaceful noncombatant. The offering of bounties led to
      widespread violence against any person of Indian
      blood, male or female, young or old.

      Paying money for scalps of women and even children
      reflected the true intent of the campaign - to reduce
      native populations to extinction or to smaller numbers
      so the natives could not oppose European seizure of
      Indian lands…”

      Best regards,

      Stan

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • William B. Ryan
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 27, 2005
        My, aren't you a frumpy little lad. What, your mom
        didn't give you your daily lollipop.

        By the way, you said you're from Poland. Where do you
        live now?

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Graeme Taylor
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 27, 2005
          So unlike
          : "William B. Ryan" <w_b_ryan@...>
          who responded to Stan with

          > My, aren't you a frumpy little lad. What, your mom
          > didn't give you your daily lollipop.
          >
          > By the way, you said you're from Poland. Where do you
          > live now?

          I hardly see the relevance of that question. I live in Australia, white
          protestant. Just today, I was in discussion with someone who said that any
          newcomers to Australia need to be able to speak English.
          I interjected, dont you mean "aboriginal". Anything less is hypocrasy.
          "But this is an English speaking country" came the reply.

          That is only because international law was ignored in the european invasion
          of this continent, which was as a direct result of the refusal of the
          American Penal settlements to take any more english social problems.
          (convicts)

          There is a wonderful book, and a VHS video I gather, made by Channel Four in
          the UK, circa 1985 called
          "Taking the world to market". It documents the expansion of european
          colonialism of the past 500 years. It is based on the exploitation of non
          europeans.
          It seems to me that for any rational conciliation to occur with aggrieved
          cultures and peoples and religious faiths, we "westerners" need to look
          squarely at our own position of priveledge, and work to address the
          disadvantage of others.

          And yes, there are parallels between the invasions of Turtle Island,
          Hollandia Novae, Africa and now the the Arab States.
          In each case, there is some paternalistic "for their own good" and "bringing
          the civilization" whilst exploiting everything that they have.

          So I didn't get my lollypop today either.
          Meanwhile, our planet is getting hotter. Who should pay for the
          consequences? How do we ameliorate the effects?

          cheers
          Graeme Taylor

> [...]
          > > their being killed."
          > >
          > > Massachusetts by that time was offering a bounty of
          > > 40
          > > pounds (again, a unit of currency) for a male Indian
          > > scalp, and 20 pounds for scalps of females or of
          > > children under 12 years old.
          > >
          > > The terrible thing was that it was very difficult to
          > > tell a man's scalp from a woman's, or an adult's
          > > from
          > > a child's - or that of an enemy soldier from a
          > > peaceful noncombatant. The offering of bounties led
          > > widespread violence against any person of Indian
          > > blood, male or female, young or old.
          > >
          > > Paying money for scalps of women and even children
          > > reflected the true intent of the campaign - to
          > > reduce
          > > native populations to extinction or to smaller
          > > numbers
          > > so the natives could not oppose European seizure of

        • William B. Ryan
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 27, 2005
            That is only because international law was ignored in
            the european invasion of this continent, which was as
            a direct result of the refusal of the American Penal
            settlements to take any more english social problems.
            (convicts)
            -------------------------------

            This is so factually off base. International law was
            not ignored regarding either Australia or America.
            Wars occurred when disputes arose that could not
            otherwise be resolved.

            Specifically, what American "penal settlements" are
            you talking about? That's part of Australia's story,
            not America's.

            And my observation still stands: Stan needs a
            lollipop.

            And you need to read a real book.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • William B. Ryan
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 27, 2005
              Georgia and Pennsylvania were not penal colonies.

              The Thames is in England. There were so many prison
              barges along the Thames that trade ships could not
              pass.

              My god, can't you read.

              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            • Stan Szopa
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 27, 2005
                On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 03:06 "William B. Ryan"
                w_b_ryan@... wrote:

                “…My, aren't you a frumpy little lad. What, your mom
                didn't give you your daily lollipop…”

                Stan:

                Actually I am old, fat, bald and grumpy bum living
                under a bridge in New York…just joking.

                Ryan:

                By the way, you said you're from Poland. Where do you
                live now?

                Stan:

                It is not relevant.

                It is hard for a patriot to accept ancestor’s wrong
                doing, but there were lot of good things that
                Americans did in a past like fighting in world war one
                and two.

                It is sad that Bush did not continue the good way of
                American past history.

                Best regards,
                Stan

                Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 03:06:27 -0700 (PDT)
                From: "William B. Ryan" <w_b_ryan@...>

                Subject: Re: Before, it was land from Indians and now
                crude oil from Iraqis

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 27, 2005
                  [Stan the gutless wonder] "It is not relevant."

                  Oh, I think it is.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • William B. Ryan
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 27, 2005
                    So, actual turth and fact are irrelevant to you.
                    Fine. What a freak show.

                    --- borderlandscooperative

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • William B. Ryan
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 27, 2005
                      It is actually you who talks about pollution? The
                      dementia complex. The circus side show.

                      --- borderlandscooperative

                      http://mail.yahoo.com