Upcoming Meeting Guests from the Barrington Club

  • Jim Parker
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2013
      Please see the message below from Michael Harkins and Ed Roney of the Barrington Area Kiwanis Club:

      I These are all held at The Garlands of Barrington which is on Rt 14 between Lake Cook Road and Rt 59 (Barrington Road). The next program is Feb 19 on "Life on a Nuclear Submarine".

      The flyer for this program and two program in March is attached and copied below. The programs include dinner and cost $25. The one after Feb 19 is March 5 on health care.

      Call 847-381-1467 to reserve a seat.

      Ed Roney

      FUTURE KIWANIS/HISTORY MUSEUM PROGRAMS & DINNER AT THE GARLANDS (All begin 5:30 PM)

      $25 Cash/Check at the Door. Call 847-381-1467 to sign up.

      February 19:

      SpeakerTom Banfield:Cmdr U.S. Navy (Retired). Former Manager-Reactor Operations & Controller, Argonne National Lab.

      Topic: Life on a Nuclear Submarine.

      March 5:

      Speakers:Karen Lambert, President-Barrington Good Shepherd Hospital.

                         George Christy MD, Physician.

                         Dale Coy MD, Physician and Author.

                         Bruce Bell MD, Physician.

                         Richard McDonough MD, Physician.

                         Steve Tucker, Insurance Executive.

      Moderator: Todd Van Nest, Phd, Order of St. Francis Health Care.

      Topic: Health Care: What can we expect as new laws take effect? Is there a medicare problem?

      March 19:

      Speaker:Marc Herwitz MDUS Navy medical practice at Lovell Federal Health Care Center. Masters Degree-Military Studies, Marine Corps Command and Staff  College.

      Topic: The Chicago Area in the U.S. Civil War and its participation in the iconic battles of Chancellorsville and Gettysburg.

      Jim Parker
      1518 North Oak Street
      Palatine, IL  60067
      (847) 358-6652