- ... From: James Parker Date: Tue, May 17, 2011 at 8:07 AM Subject: Mid Month Report for May To: firstname.lastname@example.org, JoanMessage 1 of 1 , May 17, 2011View Source---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James Parker <live2hit@...>
Date: Tue, May 17, 2011 at 8:07 AM
Subject: Mid Month Report for May
To: twhoffice@..., "Joan Brenner,Secy.Barr." <jb717@...>, "Tony Morizzo,Treasurer,Barr." <1946mraj@...>, Martin Schaer <MRS81068@...>, "Tracy Martin,Secy. AH" <Tmartin@...>, "Lewis Bowles,Treasurer,AH" <Lbowles1992@...>, HSorensen@..., "Edward J. Kenny" <ejkddspc@...>, Sharon <sharonhoff123@...>, biernat@..., lindsey.mcknight@..., julie@..., "Rachel Webb,Treas.e-kiwanis" <webbrt@...>, howard.patterson@..., "Rod Mckenzie,Secy.Mt. P" <boxwoodrod@...>, roberth390@..., Tom KramerKiwanis <tomsczar@...>, Jim DeweyKiwanis <jimdewey@...>, jsorense@..., "JimGallger,Treas. PR am" <jgaliger@...>, dsamson@..., "David Donovan,Secy. PR Noon" <djdonovan35@...>, "Tim Coyne,Treas. PR Noon" <tim@...>, Joann Snyder <JSnyder@...>, bunkport85@..., "Mike Buckley,Secy.Streamwd." <gymkhana1@...>, Len Mazz <Mazzjazz1@...>, William Scharringhausen <wlsxrx@...>, Brian McKenna <BMcKenna@...>, weicker@...
Cc: Jerry Scheuing <scheuing@...>, Charlie Pikscher <cpikscher@...>, Cathy Curielli <cathyc@...>, catampir@..., Larry Ryles <ELRyles@...>, Dick Helland <Rhelland2@...>
Greetings Club Officers: I will be out of town from tomorrow through May 29th. I know that is of limited interest to most of you, but here are some things that aren’t:
- Club Election Reports. Reminder – these are due by the end of the month. I am sure you have all completed your new officer elections; club Secretaries, please get the report filed on the KiwanisOne website. And, as usual, please make sure your monthly reports are filed timely as well.
- New Officer Training. Information is available on the District website regarding both the in-person and on-line training. It is important that all of the officers for 2011-2012 participate in these sessions, even if you are succeeding your self or have held the office before. Policies and procedures change every year so attendance will make your job easier and enhance your Kiwanis experience.
- District Convention in Davenport. On-line registration will begin shortly. Please keep an eye on the District website for this. Schedules and other info about the convention are already posted there.
- KIF Donations. I just received the latest report on Annual Gifts to the Kiwanis International Foundation. So far this year, our Division is one of only three in the entire District to have 100% participation; were are number three in total money given, and in the important category – average donation per member – we’re No. 1 !!!! Let’s keep up our tradition of 100% participation in the Outreach programs as well. Club Treasurers, please double checks to make sure your club’s contributions have been sent to the District office.
- Bowl-a-Thon. I still do not have the details for this but they will be coming.
- Club Events. I am aware of only a couple of these. The Palatine Club will be hosting its annual Brewmaster’s Dinner for the benefit of the Countryside Association for handicapped children and developmentally disabled adults on Tuesday, June 14th. This is a fun event and will help a lot of folks who need it. For the details, please see the attached flyer. Also, Cathy Tampir and other members of the Streamwood Club will again be participating in the ACS Relay for Life. There are a few events planned for this as described in the message from Cathy below and attachments. As always, supporting the clubs in our Division is a good thing!
- May is Membership Month. Please, please, please be sure to hold a membership drive this month. At the last Division Council meeting Lt. Governor Elect Larry Ryells gave us some valuable ideas that all of us can use to generate interest in our clubs and use that to develop new membership opportunities. This is the time to put those ideas into action. We have no excuses – we know how important this is and how to do it -- so let’s get the work done.
Lt. Governor - Division 8
Illinois-Eastern Iowa District
1518 North Oak Street
Palatine, IL 60067
Help the Relay For Life of Hoffman Estates by Eating at Buona Beef and Drinking Wine at d'Vine!!
One of our Relay teams is hosting a Buona Beef fundraiser at the restaurant in Hoffman Estates on Thursday, May 19. It won't cost you more to eat there, but Buona Beef will be donating a percentage of all sales back to the Relay. So, come on out and enjoy dinner on the 19th and help the American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Hoffman Estates! A flyer is attached with all the specifics and must be presented at time of purchase.
My team, Forever Hope, is hosting a Wine and Chocolate fundraiser at d'Vine Wine in Palatine on Friday, June 3. In addition to enjoying the wine tasting, Dove Chocolate Discoveries will be on hand to let you sample some delicious chocolate treats. The cost of the event is $15.00 per person. A significant portion of the cost will come back to the Relay in addition to a percentage of all wine and chocolate sales. A flyer is attached with all the details.
We hope to see you at our events!
You are also cordially invited to come out to experience our 'Main Event' on June 17-18!! The RFL of Hoffman Estates is being held at Prairie Stone Sports and Wellness in Hoffman Estates. It begins at 6 PM on Friday and continues through 6 AM on Saturday. In addition to a Survivor's Celebration and the Luminaria Walk, we will have a silent auction, lots of entertainment and plenty of activities for adults and kids alike! This is an exciting community-wide event, so please invite your family and friends and come on out to enjoy the fun!
Please support me in the Relay For Life of Hoffman Estates