- Feb 7View SourceThanks for the info. Im glad my exceptional assistant Mike was able to attend.I have not been getting enough sleep for the last few weeks as I have been getting up at 230 am to clean the train stations an going to sleep at about 9pm.I wanted to be healthy and well rested for our meeting last night....Sent from my Galaxy S®III
-------- Original message --------
From: Kathleen Scheuing
Date:02/07/2014 8:36 AM (GMT-06:00)
Subject: [I-I Kiwanis Division 8] Questions from Division Council Meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 5
Questions that need to be clarify from Division Council on Wednesday night:
1) You do not have to go through Kiwanis International to get background checks. You can go through the school or the organization.
If you do not go through Kiwanis International then you will have to ask the school or organization for a form that says you did the background check and passed. This you would give to your club secretary to keep on file.
2) You do not have to do background checks every 2 years. This is up to the individual clubs when they think the Kiwanis Advisor of
the club will need another background check done.
3) Here is the link click here to Kiwanis International Background Checks “Safe Hiring Solutions” If you can’t go through the schools
4) Here is the link click here for the Youth Protection Training that all Kiwanis Advisor of Sponsor Leadership Programs (K-Kids, Builder Club, Key Club, Circle K, and Aktion Club) This is the Power Point, the written test. You can do a presentation at a club meeting.
5) Here is the link click here for Youth Protection Training for all Kiwanis advisor to take the training on line.
6) The background check and training needs to be done before September 2014.
Correction on Annual Gift:
These are the following clubs that have not paid $6 per member as of 12/31/13:
Park Ridge Noon Edison-Norwood-O’Hare, Chicago Rolling Meadows Barrington Area (The)
Make Check Payable to: Kiwanis International Foundation and in Memo write Annual Gift:
Send check to:
Kiwanis International Foundation
3636 Woodview Trace
Indianapolis, IN 46268
Park Ridge Noon Spaghetti Dinner: Today Friday, February 07 from 4pm to 7p at Presbyterian Church, 1300 W. Crescent Park Ridge, IL. On the corner of Greenwood and Crescent. Tickets are $12.50. You can pay at the door. You will get $100 in Kathy Ca$h!!!!!
Don’t for get to plan Kiwanis One Day Saturday April 5!!!!!!! If you have a project already. Please send information to me so if other clubs want to join you they can on that day.
If you have any upcoming events that you would like clubs to interclub please send them to me and I will get them out to everyone.
If you have any questions or if I missed anything at the meeting that needed to be clarified please let me know. There was a lot of information given at the meeting.
Everyone have a wonderful and safe weekend.
Kiwanis Club of e-Kiwanis of Greater Chicago
Lt. Governor Division 8
Building Bridges, Connecting Generations
This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, or otherwise subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored.