418Key Club December Newsletter & upcoming Kiwanis events this week

  • Kathleen Scheuing
    Dec 16, 2013

    Hello Division 8,

    I have attached Key Club Lt. Governors Newsletter, so you can see what Nicole is doing with the Key Clubs in Division 8.

    The deadlines for Holiday Embrace are quickly approaching. The deadline to reserve a hotel room is tomorrow, December 17, and the deadline to register for the event is December 31. The date for Holiday Embrace is Saturday, January 4.  You can find more complete information on the registration web site here: http://us.ootoweb.com/2014ckihe.

    This is the biggest fundraiser for Circle K to raise money for Spastic Paralysis Research Foundation, and this is a great way to connect with your other family (the entire I-I Kiwanis Family) during the holiday season. There will be Circle K, Key Club members at this event.  Please pass on this information to your club.  Also make sure that your Sponsor Leadership Programs now about this event as well.  It is a nice and relaxing evening!

    When you register for the event please consider sponsoring a Camp Independence Camper. For $30, you can sponsor a camper to come enjoy this traditional event and create a valuable experience for them, and help raise awareness about what Camp Independence is.

    Great interclub for Kathy Ca$h this week!!!!

    Arlington Heights is meeting this Tuesday, 12/17 @ 11:45am @ Elly’s Pancake House.  They will be having a Christmas Party with children with intellectual disabilities.  Come out and have lunch with them.  Contact Marty Schaer mrs81068@...

    Barrington is meeting Tuesday, 12/17 @ 6:30pm @ Garlands of Barrington.  They will be doing a white elephant exchange.  You can bring a gift to exchange $10 or less for the gift.  Should be fun!!!!  Contact Michael Harkins mharkbhs@...

    Bloomingdale Roselle is having a fundraiser this Wednesday 12/18 @ 7 PM @ Lynfred Winery in Roselle. The cost is $20 per person with the profits going to Project Eliminate. If you can make it that would be great.  Contact Michael Miller mmiller58@... know.

    Des Plaines Caroling Thursday, 12/19 @ 7pm @ Oakton Pavilion.  They will be singing to the residents.  Contact Carol Walker carolswalker@...

    I know this is short notice.  But next month I will be better.

    If you have any events or fundraisers that your clubs is doing and you would like me to pass along to the division so they can do an interclub with you please let me know. Send to kscheuing@...   I can send out a list of events to the clubs. If we want to go two months out that would be great.  Then we can send out reminders to everyone.

    Don’t forget to send in your Amador nominations in to me.  You can send through email kscheuing@... or through mail 600 Oswego Dr. Carol Stream, IL. 600188.  Need to have this in by Division Council on January 8 this is last day to turn in.  Money as well if you did not turn in last month.

    Starting in January I will be scheduling board meeting visits.  If you can let me know when your board meets.

    If you need anything please contact me.

    Hope to see everyone at Holiday Embrace on Saturday, January 4.

    Have a wonderful and Safe Holiday!!!!!!

    Kathy Scheuing

    Volunteer Coordinator

    P: 847-385-5016|F: 847-870-7741

    kscheuing@...

    Clearbrook

    1835 W. Central Road

    Arlington Heights, IL 60005

    www.clearbrook.org

    "Creating opportunities for people with disabilities throughout their lifetime."

    Click here to meet some of the clients and their families that benefit from Clearbrook's programs and services.

    This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, or otherwise subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored.