    From: John Vanderheyden <John.Vanderheyden@...>
    Date: Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    Subject: September Project Eliminate Report

    cid:image001.png@...915070

    Hi Everyone.  .  .

    Welcome to all of our new 2013-2014 Club Officers.  Thank You to all of our returning Eliminate Team.  (We apologize if you receive this email more than once.  We have merged several files to create this email listing)

    As the 2012-2103 Kiwanis year comes to a close we have much to celebrate with regards to the Eliminate Project.   During the month of September, UNICEF announced that Sierra Leone and Gabon have officially eliminated MNT! ! ! This tremendous news brings to 33 the number of countries that have eliminated MNT since 2000, leaving 26 remaining countries in which MNT is a public health threat.

    During September, within the I-I District we saw 4 more clubs become Model Clubs (Moline, Peoria Grand Prairie, Barrington Area and Bloomingdale-Roselle); 1 more club become a 100K Club (Peoria), and documented 2 additional Major Donors (individual pledges of $25,000).  These are OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENTS! ! !  Attached you will find a copy of the September 16, 2013 District Giving report.  If you have any questions regarding the report please contact us using the contact info below.  Remember that the month of September is a very busy month for International.  Some contributions have not yet been recorded.

    Remember that October is Trick-Or-Treat For UNICEF month.  All proceeds go to the Eliminate Project.  We encourage all clubs to partner with the SLP clubs in their area and mount a local campaign.  What a great way to work with the other members of the K Family, and raise money for Eliminate at the same time.

    New Eliminate Video For Kiwanis Clubs

    International has made a new Eliminate video for club usage.  The video is outstanding and we encourage all clubs to present it at a meeting as soon as possible in the new Kiwanis year.  You can view and download this new club video at:

    Download: https://docs.google.com/a/kiwanis.org/file/d/0B0PZBRAmHTpGOGpaODhFSHVTRGs/edit

    2013-2014:  The Year of Achievement

    • 2012-2013 was The Year of Participation.  We have made great strides in the I-I District, but we must continue, and accelerate, this momentum. We have 72% of clubs participating.  Let’s get to 100% in the Year of Achievement.  We have 27 Clubs that have committed to be 100K, Model or Silver Clubs.  Let’s get that to 100 Clubs in the Year of Achievement.  Attached is a Model Club Pledge form that can be used for 100K Clubs, Model Clubs and Silver Clubs.  Please consider setting a goal!
    • Have you thought about honoring your outgoing or incoming president with a Presidential Zeller award? Order them now to have them in hand for presentation at the start of the new Kiwanis year.  Start the year with new motivation.
    • Include Eliminate Facts during all of your meetings.  Share the successes with your members.  Join the momentum that is building throughout the District towards the Eliminate Project.  Remember, WE ARE CHANGING THE WORLD.

    Please let us know how we can help you.  If you would like a program on Eliminate, please let us know.  We have a dedicated team of Kiwanians available to ensure that the Eliminate Project will be a success.

    Thanks

    John & Roxanne Vanderheyden, I-I District Eliminate Co-Coordinators

    815.624.6365

    john.vanderheyden@...

    NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. The message, together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete all copies.