374Re: Peanut Day: Collecting at Jewel?

  • Charlie Pikscher
    Sep 10, 2013
      Hi all--

      FYI, I called my Jewel's and all is good.  Yay!

      Jewel did change owners in March.  So if you got permission to solicit before that, I encourage you to check as well.

      Charlie

      On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM, Charlie Pikscher <cpikscher@...> wrote:
      Hi all--

      I've heard that Jewel's new owners are no longer allowing groups to collect money in front of their stores.  Ie, for Peanut Day.  But Michelle said that one of the clubs at Division Council said their Jewel is still allowing collections.  Just wondering what people have heard?

      I've not been contacted by my Jewel's, and I got permission from them before the stores changed owners.  I was thinking maybe that since they haven't contacted me, maybe they won't shoo us away when we show up, ready to collect?  That's driving me crazy though, and I don't have a backup yet (but I'm trying).  I probably should just call, right?

      Thanks for any info and advice!

      Charlie

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic