184 lo-boy starting problem

  • RICHARD WEBB
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2006
      I have a 184 lo-boy that won't start. I have tried jumping, replaced the battery and removed the starter and had it operating on the workbench. I am open to any and all help on how to correct my problem.

      Thanks, RICH

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2006
        When you say it "won't start", we need a little more information:

        1. does the starter spin the engine but the engine won't fire?
        You need to check the ignition components, clean the contact points,
        adjust the gap, check for power, etc. Check for fuel, the strainer is
        open, etc.

        2. does the starter not spin at all when you turn the key?
        Remember, you have to have the clutch depressed fully and the PTO switch
        turned "off" to engage the starter motor. You might have a bad
        connection at one of those switches or even a broken wire.

        3. does the starter turn very slowly?
        Check the ground, all the way from the battery post to the starter motor.

        Give us some more information, and we will try to help...

        Mike

        RICHARD WEBB wrote:

        > I have a 184 lo-boy that won't start. I have tried jumping, replaced the
        > battery and removed the starter and had it operating on the workbench. I
        > am open to any and all help on how to correct my problem.
        >
        > Thanks, RICH

        > Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great
        > rates starting at 1¢/min.
        > <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman7/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com>

        Mike Sloane
        Allamuchy NJ
        <mikesloane@...>
        Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
        Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

        The trade of governing has always been monopolized by the most
        ignorant and the most rascally individuals of mankind.
        -Thomas Paine, philosopher and writer (1737-1809)