185 drive pin

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26, 2006
      My 185 LoBoy has broken its drive pin (near the clutch assy). This
      happens every couple of months since I've been replacing it with a
      stainless bolt/nut that isnt sized properly. Does anyone know the
      part number of the proper replacement part and where I might find one?
      Thanks.
    • Walter Kenney
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27, 2006
        That bolt IH PT#531 708 R11 is a special length grade
        8 or better cap screw. The last one I broke I replaced
        with a 5/16-18 x 1 3/4 allen capscrew that I shortened
        to 1 5/8 lg. The bolt is probably still available from
        CASE IH. BTW mine broke because the clutch drive plate
        was too loose. The bolt needs to be just long enough
        to have a lock washer and self locking nut. If it is
        too long it will hit the clutch brake bracket and
        break something.
        I found http://www.cngco.com/ CARTER & GRUENWALD to
        be very good to deal with, they are a CASE IH dealer.
        Their web site dosn't list all parts available ,so it
        pays to call.
        hope this helps
        Walt

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 27, 2006
          For those of you who haven't been around these tractors for long, I
          should point out that Ken Updike is the main person at Carter &
          Gruenwald. He is also the author of several books on IH farm tractors,
          IH Cub and LoBoy tractors, and IH Cub Cadet lawn tractors. He is also an
          authority on IH toy tractors and has a IH toy tractor column in Red
          Power Magazine. He also stocks almost all of the various decals for the
          IH Loboy models - I had to replace the "INTERNATIONAL" on on side of my
          184 hood, and C&G was the only one who could supply it.

          Mike

          --
          Mike Sloane
          Allamuchy NJ

          "Man's capacity for justice makes democracy possible,
          but manĀ“s inclination to injustice makes democracy necessary."
          Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971), US theologian.

        • Mark
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 29, 2006
            thanks for the info......I'll try the size you recommend....Mark