wanted creeper for 184

  • stallard333
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2006
      I have a 184 lo boy with out creeper gear. What is involeved to change
      to creeper drive is it a bolt on or internal gear change. i would like
      to purchase a creeper setup if anyone has it for sale Thanks!!!
    • northcreek2624
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
        The creeper installation is all external bolt on stuff.You will want
        to get one from a 184 (154/185 is different).
        You will need the creeper gearbox,shorter driveshaft and engagement
        rod with knob.
        As I've said the 154/185 is different but, could be made to work in
        a pinch.Seems to be alot of these tractors(154/185/184) being parted
        out lately so keep your eyes open....Mike.

        --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "stallard333"

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
          --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624
          <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > The creeper installation is all external bolt on stuff.You will
          want
          > to get one from a 184 (154/185 is different).
          > You will need the creeper gearbox,shorter driveshaft and
          engagement
          > rod with knob.
          > As I've said the 154/185 is different but, could be made to work
          in
          > a pinch.Seems to be alot of these tractors(154/185/184) being
          parted
          > out lately so keep your eyes open....Mike.
          >

          > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "stallard333"
          > <stallard333@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have a 184 lo boy with out creeper gear. What is involeved to
          > change
          > > to creeper drive is it a bolt on or internal gear change. i
          would
          > like
          > > to purchase a creeper setup if anyone has it for sale Thanks!!!
          > >
          > thanks for the info you advised a creeper assembly from a 154/185
          could be made to work on a 184. my question is what is involved in
          making this work.
        • northcreek2624
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
            "thanks for the info you advised a creeper assembly from a 154/185
            could be made to work on a 184. my question is what is involved in
            making this work"
            The creeper unit input shaft on the 184 is different from the
            others because the 184 has a forward mounted clutch and the others
            are rear mounted.The 184 shaft is keyed while the others use plain
            shaft which is drilled for a pin.
            If using a 154/185 creeper unit your options are to replace the
            input shaft (or) adapt it to your shaft/u-joint (or) machine a
            keyway into it.
            At any rate you will still have to find the correct creeper
            driveshaft or shorten yours.The control linkage is a little Mickey
            Mouse set-up that you could make in a vise in about 15 minutes.
            I don't think I'm missing anything but, if Iam one of the members
            will straighten me out....Mike.