Finding a battery for my 154

  • frednelaine
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 30, 2006
      Hi,I just bought a 154 Lo boy.It didn't have a battery in it when I
      bought it.Can someone tell me the correct group number battery I
      need.My NAPA store hasn't been able to find the right one yet.I've
      gotten two so far and they've both been too big to fit in the mounting
      area.Getting tired of running to the store.

      Thanks!
    • frednelaine

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 30, 2006
          That battery is not made, try the 184 battery, check size
          > Hi,I just bought a 154 Lo boy.It didn't have a battery in it when I
          > bought it.Can someone tell me the correct group number battery I
          > need.My NAPA store hasn't been able to find the right one yet.I've
          > gotten two so far and they've both been too big to fit in the mounting
          > area.Getting tired of running to the store.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          This message was sent using Delmarva Online's Webmail.
          http://www.dmv.com/
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 30, 2006
            My 184 came to me with a "lawn & garden" tractor battery and seems to
            work fine. I was surprised that such a small battery would work, but it
            seems to have no problem. My guess it is one of the heavier duty
            versions of that size.

            --
            Mike Sloane
            Allamuchy NJ

            Truth is not only violated by falsehood; it may be equally outraged by
            silence. -Henri Frederic Amiel philosopher and writer (1821-1881)

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 30, 2006
              The battery is a Group 22NF. The battery is 9-7/16"L x 5-1/2"W x 8-15/16"H
              (including terminal post). Most battery retailers should have a book which
              will list battery groups and the dimension of the battery. If you can't find
              a 22NF, try a Group 51 or 51R. I believe the Group 51 will fit but, the
              original battery cover may not be compatible. The difference between the
              Group 51 and 51R is the location of the POS and NEG terminals is reversed.

              You may need to go to a farm or lawn & garden store to find the 22NF. The
              Group 51 should be available everywhere from NAPA to Walmart.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 30, 2006
                More battery info--
                I was outside and checked my 184s. I have a Group 51R in one and a 22NF
                in the other. If you Google "BCI Battery Group" you will find the battery
                size specifications.

                > Hi,I just bought a 154 Lo boy.It didn't have a battery in it when I
                > bought it.Can someone tell me the correct group number battery I
                > need.My NAPA store hasn't been able to find the right one yet.I've
                > gotten two so far and they've both been too big to fit in the mounting
                > area.Getting tired of running to the store.
                >
                > Thanks!
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >

                > --

                It has removed 530 spam emails to date.
                Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
              • ihc4steve
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 30, 2006
                  I got my 22NF at Napa. I own a 184.
                  Will work fo rboth 154 and 184.

                  SRR

                  --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "Kent Morris" <kmokgm@a...>
                  wrote:

                  > More battery info--
                  > I was outside and checked my 184s. I have a Group 51R in one
                  and a 22NF
                  > in the other. If you Google "BCI Battery Group" you will find the
                  battery
                  > size specifications.
                  >
                  > Kent

                  1/27/2006

                  > It has removed 530 spam emails to date.
                  > Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

                • Larry & Barb Dotson
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 30, 2006
                    I found about the same. One 22NF and 2, 51R's. The 22NF is taller and fits
                    the lid. The others did not have the battery lid, probably because it did
                    not fit with the wrong size battery.

                    Larry
                  • Larry Presto
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 30, 2006
                      I had a Interstate battery in my 154 lasted 14 years just replaced it last summer

                      --
                      Mike Sloane
                      Allamuchy NJ
                      mikesloane@...
                      Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
                      Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

                      Truth is not only violated by falsehood; it may be equally outraged by
                      silence.  -Henri Frederic Amiel philosopher and writer (1821-1881)

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • dzldenny
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 30, 2006
                        Check postings 7093 and 7104. My Optima is still working great. even
                        put it in the wifes truck for a week or so until I could get her one
                        of her own. Denny

                        --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "frednelaine"