3 point hitch for 184 tractor

  • terryw34with184
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31 2:33 PM
      Does anyone know where i can buy a 3-point hitch for 184, and the
      price.
    • serious_machining
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2006
        .
        Terry -
        .
        The answer to this question is as elusive as "Why do we exist ?"
        .
        Seriously though, 3 pt hitches are tough to come by. I recall
        one of the members of this group once said that only 1/3 of the
        154's, 185's, and 184's came factory equipped with 3 pts.
        So that means that all the owners of the remaining 2/3's of these
        tractors are now looking for 3 pts.
        .
        Two members of this group who part-out these tractors occasionally
        have 3 pts available. They are Dave Hull and Ray Weaver. Both of
        them have likely already seen your message so you may hear direct
        from one or both. The nice thing about dealing with Dave or Ray
        is that they will inform you if their 3 pts are complete or if they
        are missing parts. All too often when many of us have viewed Ebay
        offerings of 3 pts, there are missing pieces, most notably the
        'Seat bracket' to which the rockshaft and upper link attach.
        .
        Prices over the last two years have generally ranged from $500 to
        $600 + frt with $700 now appearing. It's a 'Sellers Market'.
        .
        For a while there was a fellow named Steve Birkelund who was
        selling a 3 pt hitch he manufactured for these tractors.
        I believe he was charging close to $600 + frt for his hitch.
        I last sent him an email on Nov. 23rd but received no reply yet.
        Hopefully Steve or someone else who knows what Steve is up to
        will see this message and post to the group an update on his
        activities and perhaps his email address and/or web site.
        .
        That's about all I know. I hope others will similarly respond.
        .
        - Dennis Anderson
        .
        .
        > In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "terryw34with184" wrote:
        >
        > Does anyone know where i can buy a 3-point hitch for 184,
        > and the price.

      • dwrct154
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 7, 2006
          <terryw34with184@y...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know where i can buy a 3-point hitch for 184, and the
          > price.

          found this info in the files section

          Dear cub lo-boy owners:

          Burkins M.C.C. Introduces the new 7100 model 3 point
          hitch for the cub lo-boy 154, 185 and 184 models.
          This unit features a category 1 set up with a 550lbs
          lifting capability that uses the existing mower
          hydraulic cylinder that lifts 29" high. The mower
          deck is lowered and raise by a cable and pulley
          system. There is a color choice of IH white IH red
          and semi gloss black when you order. The price is
          $599 plus shipping and handling. Delivery will take
          3-4 weeks in the continental U.S. Every hitch comes
          with a 1 year warranty on parts and hitch frame. We
          except paypal, money orders, and personal checks
          transaction. Any question feel free to call me
          (Steve) at (434) 985-4150 or Email at
          burkinsmcc@...
          Thanks Steve Birkelund Design/sales