Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Series] Re: 154 Fire Issues

  • Art Pietscher
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2005
      When you are using this method, either make sure the points are open on the high point of the breaker cam or put a piece of cardboard or something between them...  if the points are closed and the ignition is on, it will get the coil quite hot, it is acting as a dead short on the coil-ignition system and it makes the light hard to see sometimes because it is quite dim...

      If you need to get a new coil, make sure you get the right one.  I am pretty sure the 154 comes with a coil that does not require an external resistor (it gets 12 volts or battery volts) right at the + coil terminal...  It would not be unheard of for someone to have added an external resistor and used a different coil, so check carefully.  A resistor can be a resistor wire or a ballast resistor or a block of ceramic with wire around....   If you have any of those that can be where you lose the voltage also.

      Good Luck,

      Art Pietscher,
      La Salle, Michigan
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2005
        Great advice. I will get back and let you know the outcome.

        Thanks again.

        --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "Art Pietscher"