Re: 154 Fire Issues

  • jonrm70
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2005
      A cheap and easy way to check for voltage is to get you one of those
      testers that looks like an ice pick with a light bulb on the end.
      $1.25 at any autoparts store. Ground the wire clip on a piece of metal
      and touch the coil leads. If you get a light, you should be ok. You
      can trace your entire electrical system up to the lights this way
      without having to start the engine. Just have the ignition key on.
      Also dont touch the generator, if you get juice at the headlights it
      is ok. Lost two light bulbs that way...
      --Jon

      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <grapegrower2b@a...>
      wrote:
      > Put tractor up after light use one day. Next try to start, No Fire.
      > Cleaned points, still no fire. Replaced points, no fire. Replaced
      > condensor, no fire. Am not getting plugs to have any fire.
      >
      > Have cleaned dist cap contacts and they look good. Is the next step
      > replacement of the coil? Is there a way to test the coil prior to
      > purchasing a new one? Have done some searching on the site but I'm
      not
      > seeing a good step by step troubleshoot.
      >
      > Appreciate any help in advance.
      >
      > Tks
      > Tom
    • wayne henderson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 10, 2005
        -
        are closed turn engine so that points just opening YOU SHOULD SEE A
        SPARK just on opening, if not re clean, if you see a spark, check
        coil and connections,