Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Series] Mowing Deck Issues

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2005
      I don't remember if you said which model deck you have (woods/IH #), so some
      general advice.
      remove the bolt or nut, chase the threads with a die or tap whichever is
      needed. Chances are good that the threads are buggered up where the blade
      spun around them........if it is a bolt that holds the blade on ,get a new
      one (grade 5 min.) from any good hardware store. Nut (self locking) get one
      the same place.
      If all else fails you can purchase a thread chasing file to "tune up" male
      threads (stud) and a tap for female (nut). Take the loose part with you so
      you can match the size (dia.) and pitch (number of threads per inch) up
      correctly.
      It isn't a pleasent chore but it can/has been done without removing the
      deck. Raising the deck up as far as possible and blocking it so it is rigid
      makes it easier.