Throttle Cable

  • mr_hinckley_1999
    Message 1 of 1425 , May 31, 2001
      The throttle cable broke on my 184 last fall. No
      big deal, I removed the broken piece and reinserted
      the cable and made the proper adjustments. Well, it
      broke again last week, this time there was not enough
      adjustment left. So off to the CIH dealer for a new cable.
      $40 with tax, a little more than I expected to pay,
      but when you need the parts they seem to have
      them.<br><br>Removed the hood, pulled the steering wheel, removed the
      dash pannel, just to get at the control lever. Seems
      like a lot of work just to replace the throttle cable
      assembly. However, I did find out why it kept breaking. The
      boss that the cable end threads into was froze in the
      lever. Took a little liquid wrench and a pair of pliers
      to work it loose. Now it piviots like it was
      designed.<br><br>The moral of this story is if you don't want to be
      changing your throttle cable, you should use a drop or two
      of oil on this piviot point every once and a wile.
      Lesson well learned.<br><br>Thanks for listening, Ray
    • Bob Naylor RCN@ZOOMTOWN.COM
      Message 1425 of 1425 , Jul 7, 2009
        Yes, just listed one on E-Bay under HAMILTONBOB
        Thanks