Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Series] new low boy

  • Gene Lynch
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2005
      I removed the stearing gear from my 154 and disassembled it and cleaned it out. then adjusted it added new grease reinstalled it and it works like a charm. It is a Ross stearing gear. Good luck.

      Gene

      cq4962 wrote:
      I just purchased a 154,with woods 60 inch deck. I am not sure of the
      year, but the engine was rebuilt in 80, There are several things I'd
      like to do to get eh machine in a little better condition, mainly the
      belts from the flywheel to the PTO shaft are missing (I have a manual
      on the way, but it look like all I have to do is separate the drive
      shaft from the fly wheel to get the new belts on. Is this correct?
      loosen the drive shaft bolt and remove, take off the bolts holding the
      drive shaft on the flywheel and the belts can slip on that way? The is
      a lot of play in the steering, is there a rough adjustment screw in
      the front of the steering wheel gear box? or will I have to replace
      the thing to tighten up the steering? (45 degrees of play). Other than
      that the machine starts up fine, is a bit cold natured, but runs well.
      Just a little smoke at start up.  I've been searching for a parts
      vendor, for tie rod ends and steering box, but I have not found any
      one yet that carries a lot of parts. any suggestions? I have sent e-
      mail to the vendor listed in the links  section, but no reply yet, and
      one of the vndow link is no good.
      thanks for the help.
      thom

    • bob creely
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2005
        try your local bearing house(berry bearing, kaman, bearing
        distributors, applied industrial technologies) for rod ends after you
        throw up at the dealer cost for them. even mc master carr is cheaper.

        one manufacturer is found at www.aurorabearing.com

        bob creely

        --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, Gene Lynch <w7ybv@o...>
        wrote:
        > I removed the stearing gear from my 154 and disassembled it and
        cleaned
        > it out. then adjusted it added new grease reinstalled it and it
        works
        > like a charm. It is a Ross stearing gear. Good luck.
        >
        > Gene
        >
        > cq4962 wrote:
        >
        > > I just purchased a 154,with woods 60 inch deck. I am not sure of
        the
        > > year, but the engine was rebuilt in 80, There are several things
        I'd
        > > like to do to get eh machine in a little better condition, mainly
        the
        > > belts from the flywheel to the PTO shaft are missing (I have a
        manual
        > > on the way, but it look like all I have to do is separate the
        drive
        > > shaft from the fly wheel to get the new belts on. Is this correct?
        > > loosen the drive shaft bolt and remove, take off the bolts
        holding the
        > > drive shaft on the flywheel and the belts can slip on that way?
        The is
        > > a lot of play in the steering, is there a rough adjustment screw
        in
        > > the front of the steering wheel gear box? or will I have to
        replace
        > > the thing to tighten up the steering? (45 degrees of play). Other
        than
        > > that the machine starts up fine, is a bit cold natured, but runs
        well.
        > > Just a little smoke at start up. I've been searching for a parts
        > > vendor, for tie rod ends and steering box, but I have not found
        any
        > > one yet that carries a lot of parts. any suggestions? I have sent
        e-
        > > mail to the vendor listed in the links section, but no reply
        yet, and
        > > one of the vndow link is no good.
        > > thanks for the help.
        > > thom

        subject=Unsubscribe>

        ------

      • micoauctions
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 12, 2005
          Here is a web sight you can go to and download cub manuels. (www.
          cleancomputers.com/cub/indexn.html). The down load time can be a
          littlew lone if your like me and only have dial up. One great place
          to find parts is here. look thru the links page on this sight there
          are lots of parts suppliers listed from used to dealers that handle
          cubs.
          Hope this helps
          Mickey

          --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "bob creely" <bcreely@y...>

        • Barry
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 15, 2005
            Most Case/IH and Cub Cadet dealers have parts for these tractors.
            Barry