Cub Lo-Boy 154 Information needed....

  • sundaysailor1
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2004
      Howdy! I was asked to post here to inquire about a Cub Lo-Boy 154. I
      found one over the weekend, and was wondering how good a tractor this
      may be. I already own a farmall cub with a woods mower, so I do know
      something about the Cub quality. The Lo-boy in question is red with a
      black stripe along the side of the hood. It has a very boxy looking
      appearance similar to the one shown on the home page here with the cab
      on it. The Lo-Boy has a woods mower, and I'm thinking it may be a 59
      model. The mower has wheels mounted in front of the mower. The
      lo-boy seems to run fairly well, but the tires need replacement all
      the way around. The current owner is asking ~$1600.00. Since I know
      nothing about this kind of tractor, could anyone chime in and help?
      How's the mowing cut? Can it handle 6" of fescue grass ok? What
      about parts availability? What are the "gotcha's?" Any help would be
      greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,

      SundaySailor1 (Rick)