Re: Clutch Issues 154 Loboy

  • kmoonx
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2004
      Finally had a chance to remove the clutch and it's definitely shot.
      The inner hub snapped on the clutch plate hence no power to the
      tranny. Just one concern- the flywheel on the tranny is loose. You can
      basically just wiggle with your hand. I notice that if I tighten the
      bolt which holds the flywheel to the tranny this will stop however
      whats the trick to getting the flywheel flat? Cant seem to get it
      straight.
      Thanks

      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Hull" <bhull1@c...> wrote:
      > If you remove the clutch brake assembly, look and see if the bolt is
      in place that attaches the flywheel plate to the pressure plate.
      Really can't see it unless you remove the brake.

      > I thought you first said the driveshaft was not turning.
      >
      > You may have broken flanges on the plate that attaches to the
      pressure plate.

      > Dave H

      Terms of
      > > Service.
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > Service.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.
    • Dave Hull
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2004
        I would say that one of the two flanges on the back of that plate is cracked or broken.  If so, you will need a replacement.

        Sorry.
        Dave H
        Finally had a chance to remove the clutch and it's definitely shot.
        The inner hub snapped on the clutch plate hence no power to the
        tranny. Just one concern- the flywheel on the tranny is loose. You can
        basically just wiggle with your hand. I notice that if I tighten the
        bolt which holds the flywheel to the tranny this will stop however
        whats the trick to getting the flywheel flat? Cant seem to get it
        straight.
        Thanks

        --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Hull" <bhull1@c...> wrote:
        > If you remove the clutch brake assembly, look and see if the bolt is
        in place that attaches the flywheel plate to the pressure plate.
        Really can't see it unless you remove the brake.

        > I thought you first said the driveshaft was not turning.
        >
        > You may have broken flanges on the plate that attaches to the
        pressure plate.

        > Dave H

        Terms of

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2004
          Haven't removed the plate to check yet but if so is there a place I
          can find used one?

          Thanks

          --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Hull" <bhull1@c...> wrote:
          > I would say that one of the two flanges on the back of that plate is
          cracked or broken. If so, you will need a replacement.

          > Sorry.
          > Dave H

          Terms of
          > > Service.
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          > Service.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Service.
        • kmoonx
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 8, 2004
            Fianlly removed the rear plate and found the securing pin (grade 8
            bolt) has started to shear which caused the assembly to wiggly and
            eventually incinerate the clutch plate. Now I just need a clutch/p
            plate. Anyone have a used one for sale?

            thanks

            --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "kmoonx" <kmoonx@y...> wrote:
            > Haven't removed the plate to check yet but if so is there a place I
            > can find used one?
            >
            > Thanks
            >

            > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Hull" <bhull1@c...>
            wrote:
            > > I would say that one of the two flanges on the back of that plate is
            > cracked or broken. If so, you will need a replacement.
            > >
            > > Sorry.
            > > Dave H

            Terms of