154 Transmission Bearing and Retainer Problems in NC

  • fenwickta
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2004
      I tried to post this earlier, but since I am new...probably headspace
      and timing, it didn't make it.

      I have a 154 that I just discovered has (had) a transmission bearing
      problem. The bearing is completely gone and I need to replace it and
      the bearing retainer cap. Can anyone give some help on where to find
      the parts and any 'trade secrets' to replacing same.

      Also, anyone in North Carolina know where a lo-boy 'bone yard' might
      be near North Carolina.

      Thanks in advance,

      Terry