Re: bush hog

  • cub982
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2004
      Randy,
      You asked for advise concerning the 185 priced at $4500. If you think
      the price is OK you are probably going to buy it regardless of
      comments. I am going to give you my comment, as you have asked. I
      sold a 185 with everything you mentioned plus it had an excellent
      condition IH 60" mowing deck, dual turning brakes and divertor
      (selector) valve. My selling price was slightly below $3000. I also
      delivered it for the buyer. Yes, I sold mine because I needed the
      proper rotation,standard speed PTO required for most readily
      available implements.

      Whatever you buy enjoy it and happy New Year.

      Charlie

      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "rjthompson7"
      <randall.thompson@i...> wrote:
      > Hi fellas, I got a quick question and thought about asking the
      > experts. I am thinking of buying an International 185. They want
      > $4500. It has the 3pth. First off, is this too much to pay for one?
      > and secondly, is there a 3pth bush hog that was available or is
      still
      > made that can be used on a 185? Thanks for any and all help in
      > advance.
      > RandyinWNY
      > rjthom123@a...
    • ssayers184
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2004
        It is your money and no one should tell you what to do with it. You
        didn't mention anything about a mower so I assume it isn't
        included. For $4500 I would expect an immaculate 185 with 3 point,
        new flotation tires, and like new mowing deck. Anything less and
        you have yet to find your best deal. I'm sure I will have close to
        that in my 184 but it will be restored with a fresh engine and
        everything else back to fatory new specs.

        <randall.thompson@i...> wrote:
        > Hi fellas, I got a quick question and thought about asking the
        > experts. I am thinking of buying an International 185. They want
        > $4500. It has the 3pth. First off, is this too much to pay for
        one?
        > and secondly, is there a 3pth bush hog that was available or is
        still
        > made that can be used on a 185? Thanks for any and all help in
        > advance.
        > RandyinWNY
        > rjthom123@a...
      • Danny Shy
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2004
          Well, here is another opinion, but it is about the same as the others.

          I have a 1974 154 and it is great for mowing and most light duty jobs, but I prefer my Ford Jubilee or 600 series tractors for heavier stuff and using implements that require standard rotation pto's.

          If you want a classic tractor that will handle a bush-hog I would consider a Ford N-series, Jubilee, NAA or 600.  They are have a standard rotation pto, are more powerful and parts are a heck of a lot cheaper and easier to get.

          $4500 around here will buy a real nice Ford with usually with a box scraper and bush-hog.

          Of course if you are so inclined a newer import diesel tractor can be had for about the same price with the same implements.

          Good Luck in whatever you decide.

          Danny

          rjthompson7 <randall.thompson@...> wrote:
          Hi fellas, I got a quick question and thought about asking the
          experts. I am thinking of buying an International 185. They want
          $4500. It has the 3pth. First off, is this too much to pay for one?
          and secondly, is there a 3pth bush hog that was available or is still
          made that can be used on a 185? Thanks for any and all help in
          advance.
          RandyinWNY
          rjthom123@...

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • nperchuk
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2004
            Randy:
            I have a 185 with 3 pt, creeper gear, hydraulic selector switch for
            mid/rear hydraulics, dual brakes, 60" woods belly mower (in very
            good shape) and a complete snow blade. I have had the tractor
            through a Cub dealer and it is in great shape. I would sell this
            package for $3750.00. I am in NY near Danbury CT.

            <randall.thompson@i...> wrote:
            > Hi fellas, I got a quick question and thought about asking the
            > experts. I am thinking of buying an International 185. They want
            > $4500. It has the 3pth. First off, is this too much to pay for
            one?
            > and secondly, is there a 3pth bush hog that was available or is
            still
            > made that can be used on a 185? Thanks for any and all help in
            > advance.
            > RandyinWNY
            > rjthom123@a...
          • Fred Mills
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2004
              If you decide on a larger, classic tractor I strongly recommend one with live power and live hydraulics.
              Fred
[...]

              This message scanned for viruses by Corecomm