rear seal

  • dmcsy2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2003
      I have a 1977 185 with a rear seal leak.
      does anyone know if I need to pull the engine or is there room to
      get at it with the thing in???
      Don
    • northcreek2624
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2003
        Don,you can do it in place but you may have to slide the engine
        forward to remove the drive shaft.The seal is one piece mounted in a
        retainer and will come off without removing the pan.....Mike

        --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "dmcsy2000" <dmcsy@n...>
        wrote:
        > I have a 1977 185 with a rear seal leak.
        > does anyone know if I need to pull the engine or is there room to
        > get at it with the thing in???
        > Don
      • Gus
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 30, 2003
          wrote:
          > I have a 1977 185 with a rear seal leak.
          > does anyone know if I need to pull the engine or is there room to
          > get at it with the thing in???
          > Don

          have you ever replaced the front seal? I need to and am wondering
          how and if it's relatively simple.