Re: Zenith Carb

  • mbounds_e9
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003

      > The next step I think in my search for more power will be to put a
      > timing light on it and see if the centrifugal advance is working,
      if
      > not I will have to take the distributor a part enough to free the
      > the weights. I have found when working on older cars that they
      some
      > times get stuck.

      Hi Danny.... Wuz I you, I'd start looking for those fly-weights in
      the governor. Clean, polish the shaft, and replace that li'l ole
      thrust bearing while you are in there. You might be surprised how
      much better it responds & the rpm you can achieve.... Myron
    • Danny Shy
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
        Hi Myron,

        Thank you for the information.  Sounds like a good idea to me, next time I get a chance I will do it.

        Did you notice how many memebers we now have, over 620.

        Hey anyone out there got any new pictures?

        Danny
        Southeast Missouri

        mbounds_e9 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > The next step I think in my search for more power will be to put a
        > timing light on it and see if the centrifugal advance is working,
        if
        > not I will have to take the distributor a part enough to free the
        > the weights.  I have found when working on older cars that they
        some
        > times get stuck.

        Hi Danny.... Wuz I you, I'd start looking for those fly-weights in
        the governor. Clean, polish the shaft, and replace that li'l ole
        thrust bearing while you are in there. You might be surprised how
        much better it responds & the rpm you can achieve.... Myron

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • craig_flint2002
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 14, 2003
          Myron,
          any idea rather a model 11335b Zenith updraft carb. will fit on a Cub
          154 Lo-Boy? have a 1970 model 154 that needs a new carb. thought this
          might be an inexpensive replacement if it will work. One on Ebay
          ..item number 2441271332....any help is welcomed...

          Craig