Zenith Carb

  • Danny
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2003
      I finally got some time to work on my 154 yesterday, after doing an
      oil change on the wife's car, and to my amazement I discovered that
      my 154 has a Zenith carb. Now I guess I can mark it off my list of
      things to buy.

      This number is stamped on the upper flange 5-90, does this number
      mean any thing?

      The next step I think in my search for more power will be to put a
      timing light on it and see if the centrifugal advance is working, if
      not I will have to take the distributor a part enough to free the
      the weights. I have found when working on older cars that they some
      times get stuck.

      Danny
      Southeast Missouri
    • mbounds_e9
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003

        > The next step I think in my search for more power will be to put a
        > timing light on it and see if the centrifugal advance is working,
        if
        > not I will have to take the distributor a part enough to free the
        > the weights. I have found when working on older cars that they
        some
        > times get stuck.

        Hi Danny.... Wuz I you, I'd start looking for those fly-weights in
        the governor. Clean, polish the shaft, and replace that li'l ole
        thrust bearing while you are in there. You might be surprised how
        much better it responds & the rpm you can achieve.... Myron
      • Danny Shy
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
          Hi Myron,

          Thank you for the information.  Sounds like a good idea to me, next time I get a chance I will do it.

          Did you notice how many memebers we now have, over 620.

          Hey anyone out there got any new pictures?

          Danny
          Southeast Missouri

          mbounds_e9 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          > The next step I think in my search for more power will be to put a
          > timing light on it and see if the centrifugal advance is working,
          if
          > not I will have to take the distributor a part enough to free the
          > the weights.  I have found when working on older cars that they
          some
          > times get stuck.

          Hi Danny.... Wuz I you, I'd start looking for those fly-weights in
          the governor. Clean, polish the shaft, and replace that li'l ole
          thrust bearing while you are in there. You might be surprised how
          much better it responds & the rpm you can achieve.... Myron

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • craig_flint2002
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 14, 2003
            Myron,
            any idea rather a model 11335b Zenith updraft carb. will fit on a Cub
            154 Lo-Boy? have a 1970 model 154 that needs a new carb. thought this
            might be an inexpensive replacement if it will work. One on Ebay
            ..item number 2441271332....any help is welcomed...

            Craig