184 Belts, Blades, and other stuff

  • timac5
    Message 1 of 1425 , Sep 5, 2000
      I just got a 184 and am cleaning off the grease,
      oil, dust, grass, and other junk. The mower (a 60" IH
      mower) needs new blades. Assuming I can get the nuts off
      the spindles, should I get replacement blades from
      IH, or is it O.K. to get the same size blades from
      the local farm store? Also, a slow
      hydraulic/transmission fluid leak has soaked the belt that connects the
      PTO to the deck. Do I need to replace it (will it
      slip?) and if so, should I get an IH belt? Thanks - and
      as I work on dismantling this tractor over the
      winter, I may be in the market for some good advice.
    • Bob Naylor RCN@ZOOMTOWN.COM
      Message 1425 of 1425 , Jul 7, 2009
        Yes, just listed one on E-Bay under HAMILTONBOB
        Thanks