jumping out of gear

  • lladplus <lladplus@yahoo.ca>
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1 6:00 PM
      I have a 1972? Lo-boy 154 that I just rescued from a back yard
      after some years of no use. Changed points and condenser. Runs
      great now. Has a loader and a back blade on floatation tires. Two
      problems: 3-point hitch doesn't go up and down (already checked oil
      level) and it jumps out of gear in reverse. Actually, after leaving
      indoors in a heated garage last week, the hoist did work for about
      two minutes, but then quit again. Any tips on fixing my new toy
      would be greatly appreciated.
    • mbounds_e9
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1 6:23 PM
        Any tips on fixing my new toy would be greatly appreciated.

        A trip to www.binderbooks.com & ordering the manuals would be a great
        start. Myron
      • sam sam
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3 10:42 AM
          lucky man !! i love to have the loader.... been
          looking for a while. let me know how you make out?
          sam_sam18901
          --- "lladplus <lladplus@...>" <lladplus@...>
          wrote:
          > I have a 1972? Lo-boy 154 that I just rescued from
          > a back yard
          > after some years of no use. Changed points and
          > condenser. Runs
          > great now. Has a loader and a back blade on
          > floatation tires. Two
          > problems: 3-point hitch doesn't go up and down
          > (already checked oil
          > level) and it jumps out of gear in reverse.
          > Actually, after leaving
          > indoors in a heated garage last week, the hoist did
          > work for about
          > two minutes, but then quit again. Any tips on
          > fixing my new toy
          > would be greatly appreciated.

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        • Becky Hull
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3 12:06 PM
            Jumping out of gear...
            I would pull the 8 bolts that hold the shifter/plate
            assembly and lift the assembly out. Once removed, look
            for two slides with guides, that the ball on the shifter
            moves, one on each side. The left side is 1st and
            reverse. I would bet that one of those will be loose and
            by simply tightening the bolt on top, your problem will
            disappear.

            Dave Hull
            On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:42:33 -0800 (PST)