Re: Really Quiet here - what's up?

  • jchabot58
    Message 1 of 1425 , Jun 3, 2000
      Barry:<br><br>Sorry, I hadn't been paying much
      attention lately. I had the exact same thing happen to my
      154 the week before last. Haven't taken it apart just
      yet, but I have fixed a few Cub Cadets with that
      problem.<br><br>The "H" pattern cup should be pressed in, not welded.
      It should come out with a slide hammer puller with a
      hook on it. The next cup in is your problem, it should
      be welded to the shifter shaft, and has probably
      broken off. You need to either replace the shifter/cup
      assembly, or reweld the cup to the shaft. They usually tear
      off below the weld so that you can line it back up
      again to weld it. <br><br>There is also a pin in there
      to prevent rotation of the cup and it is possible
      that it is worn or broken off, although the torn off
      cup is the more common problem.
    • Bob Naylor RCN@ZOOMTOWN.COM
      Message 1425 of 1425 , Jul 7, 2009
        Yes, just listed one on E-Bay under HAMILTONBOB
        Thanks