Looking for a 184 IPTO shaft

  • jdpscandia <johnpaulson@nol-tec.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2002
      I just bought a 184 and after I got it home I found that the rear
      bearing had failed on the PTO shaft. Someone had installed the rear
      flange bearing incorrectly so that the locking coller and bearing
      slid in on the shaft allowing the PTO shaft to wander around in the
      bearing flange and mounting bracket. The last owner ran it this way
      long enough for the shaft to ware down to half it's diameter. Does
      anyone have a PTO shaft from a 184 with the electric clutch for
      sale? I also would like to buy the side access panels that cover the
      PTO pulleys. The 184 access panels are a little different than the
      ones on the 154 or 185 but I think any of them would fit a 184.
    • northcreek2624
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2002
        I have a used 184 pto shaft,the bearing surfaces are good the spline
        is not perfect but is servicable.email me if interested...Mike
        jlk@...

        --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "jdpscandia