RE: Re: 154 clutch finger springs

  • serious_machining
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 20, 2013

      Good for you !  I've occasionally had to do likewise when posting a question to a Yahoo group -- the risk of going ahead and finding out for yourself and then reporting back on one's success or not-so-successful results to the group is definitely beneficial to the collective knowledge of the whole group.  Thanks for the info !

      - Dennis Anderson, Group Owner

      Kushman1226 wrote:

      I am going to answer my own question. Yes you can. I removed the seat and fenders so I would have more room to work. I moved the throw out bearing assembly back and unbolted the pressure plate from the rear plate. I used needle nose pliers and compressed the springs. With a little elbow grease the old springs came out and new ones went in. The clutch is working great.

      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, <ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "kushman1226" <kushman1226@...> wrote:

      > Hello all, I have a older 154 and the throw out bearing seized and messed up the clutch fingers. I replaced everything with new parts except for the clutch pressure plate. I bought a used one. I put it back together and everything worked great for the first hour. I heard some clanking noise and found that one of the fingers is extended farther than the other two. I am assuming that a spring is bad in that finger. I hate to have to tear the whole thing apart again and was wondering if anyone has ever changed one of the pressure plate spring while it was still on the tractor. Thanks

      I am going to answer my own question. Yes you can. I removed the seat and fenders so I would have more room to work. I moved the throw out bearing assembly back and unbolted the pressure plate from the rear plate. I used needle nose pliers and compressed the springs. With a little elbow grease the old springs came out and new ones went in. The clutch is working great.
    • Mike Kushner
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 21, 2013
        Hi Dennis, Thanks for the group. It has been very helpfull in the past when working on my 154. Mike