Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series] Re: 154 lo boy oil leak

  • Tim Stone
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26, 2013
      My after market blade is heavier and with hydraulics works great. Has additional frame that makes it really sturdy. It's much larger than the stock blade. That with the heavy weights and chains pushes snow higher than the tractor.

      I've pushed snow for 7 seasons and can't be happier. But the key is its an aftermarket not the stock one.

      Tim S....

      Sent from my iPad

      On Aug 26, 2013, at 11:15 PM, Michael Sweeney <mshm99@...> wrote:

      IMO , this tractor is not a very good snow pusher. I've got a blade and I've tried.

      Mike

      On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM, northcreek2624 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Changing the one piece seal is easy,getting to it is the challenging part,a service manual is the first step to see if you want to get into it.You will have to move the engine forward and split the tractor,at this point you would be wise to do a clutch job too.
      As for a snow blade...if you have serious snow, I would look for a two stage MCKEE SNOWLANDER BLOWER(made for these tractors)or an old rust bucket 4x4 truck with a plow(better).The blade is small,wimpy and too slow all the while that you are freezing your butt off and you will need chains too ...just my thoughts,Mike.

      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, paintballer2015@... wrote:

      > Pretty sure rear main is leaking on my 154...haven't worked on tractors a whole lot, is this a pretty challenging project? Anyone know where a snow blade is available for a 1972 154 loboy?

    • Dale Clift
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 27, 2013
        I have to disagree with the above. I have a 154, stock blade, and weights and chains, and I clear my drive which is over 200 feet long AND a hill, and never have any trouble at all. I do have a cab to keep the wind down, and I added an 8" addition to the top of the blade to keep snow from over riding it some. Only trouble I have ever had is the engine can be hard to start when below 20deg, but at that temp, so can I.LOL