Re: Hub City PTO Gearbox

  • northcreek2624
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 30, 2013
      I have seen two mounts,one is a casting and the other is a simple L shaped bracket.I will post some photos if I can get my scanner working.Give me some time, I will be busy for the next couple of days,Mike.

      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, intloboy184 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Anyone have any pictures of how a Hub City PTO Gearbox would mount to a 154/185/184?
      > The gearbox converts the PTO to a standard 540 PTO.
      >
      > I have one from a Farmall Cub, but the mounting hole pattern doesn't seem to line up well. The farmall cub PTO exited the transmission and the numbered series PTO is on a separate driveshaft.
      >
      > I could use some pic's posted of the correct mounting.
      > Thanks,
      > intloboy184

    • northcreek2624
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1 8:18 PM
        I have posted three items in the files section under "Hub City PTO reverser".
        There is not a lot of information but,you can get an idea of what needs to be done.The 2 photos of the cast iron mount are from a reverser that I sold on Ebay,the numbers are meaningless...Mike.

        --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624 <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > I have seen two mounts,one is a casting and the other is a simple L shaped bracket.I will post some photos if I can get my scanner working.Give me some time, I will be busy for the next couple of days,Mike.
        >
        > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, intloboy184 <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Anyone have any pictures of how a Hub City PTO Gearbox would mount to a 154/185/184?
        > > The gearbox converts the PTO to a standard 540 PTO.
        > >
        > > I have one from a Farmall Cub, but the mounting hole pattern doesn't seem to line up well. The farmall cub PTO exited the transmission and the numbered series PTO is on a separate driveshaft.
        > >
        > > I could use some pic's posted of the correct mounting.
        > > Thanks,
        > > intloboy184

      • northcreek2624
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2 8:44 PM
          I HAVE ADDED TWO MORE FILES FOR A TOTAL OF 5 PERTAINING TO THE REVERSER.THE FACTORY PRINT SHOWS THE CAST MOUNT WITH DIMENSIONS WHICH A MACHINIST COULD MAKE FROM BILLET IF YOU ARE SO INCLINED...MIKE.

          --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624 <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > I have posted three items in the files section under "Hub City PTO reverser".
          > There is not a lot of information but,you can get an idea of what needs to be done.The 2 photos of the cast iron mount are from a reverser that I sold on Ebay,the numbers are meaningless...Mike.
          >
          > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624 <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have seen two mounts,one is a casting and the other is a simple L shaped bracket.I will post some photos if I can get my scanner working.Give me some time, I will be busy for the next couple of days,Mike.
          > >
          > > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, intloboy184 <no_reply@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Anyone have any pictures of how a Hub City PTO Gearbox would mount to a 154/185/184?
          > > > The gearbox converts the PTO to a standard 540 PTO.
          > > >
          > > > I have one from a Farmall Cub, but the mounting hole pattern doesn't seem to line up well. The farmall cub PTO exited the transmission and the numbered series PTO is on a separate driveshaft.
          > > >
          > > > I could use some pic's posted of the correct mounting.
          > > > Thanks,
          > > > intloboy184

        • intloboy184
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 7 5:25 AM
            Thanks Mike, I have the cast mount. I kept trying to get all 3 bolts to line up. I'll have to keep fiddling with the mount and maybe just use 2 bolts.
            I see you have the pictures mounting it kiddy corner (I have seen this in other places too) but the advertisement has it mounted parallel to the ground.

            --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624 <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > I HAVE ADDED TWO MORE FILES FOR A TOTAL OF 5 PERTAINING TO THE REVERSER.THE FACTORY PRINT SHOWS THE CAST MOUNT WITH DIMENSIONS WHICH A MACHINIST COULD MAKE FROM BILLET IF YOU ARE SO INCLINED...MIKE.
            >
            > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624 <no_reply@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I have posted three items in the files section under "Hub City PTO reverser".
            > > There is not a lot of information but,you can get an idea of what needs to be done.The 2 photos of the cast iron mount are from a reverser that I sold on Ebay,the numbers are meaningless...Mike.
            > >
            > > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624 <no_reply@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I have seen two mounts,one is a casting and the other is a simple L shaped bracket.I will post some photos if I can get my scanner working.Give me some time, I will be busy for the next couple of days,Mike.

          • northcreek2624
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 7 8:36 PM
              Yeah..I don't think that the clocking of the unit is all that important except maybe for drain plug location.The gear box and cast mount are substantial but in reality only mount to a whimpy 1/8" steel bracket.My point is that I don't think you can screw this up regardless of how you end up doing it...Mike.

              --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, intloboy184 <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > Thanks Mike, I have the cast mount. I kept trying to get all 3 bolts to line up. I'll have to keep fiddling with the mount and maybe just use 2 bolts.
              > I see you have the pictures mounting it kiddy corner (I have seen this in other places too) but the advertisement has it mounted parallel to the ground.
              >

              > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624 <no_reply@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I HAVE ADDED TWO MORE FILES FOR A TOTAL OF 5 PERTAINING TO THE REVERSER.THE FACTORY PRINT SHOWS THE CAST MOUNT WITH DIMENSIONS WHICH A MACHINIST COULD MAKE FROM BILLET IF YOU ARE SO INCLINED...MIKE.
              > >
              > > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624 <no_reply@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I have posted three items in the files section under "Hub City PTO reverser".
              > > > There is not a lot of information but,you can get an idea of what needs to be done.The 2 photos of the cast iron mount are from a reverser that I sold on Ebay,the numbers are meaningless...Mike.

            • intloboy184
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 8 7:37 AM
                I guess I was mostly concerned about the torque applied by the PTO. Something has to keep this thing from spinning and I guess that two little bolts might do the job.
                The gear box weighs about 30lbs without a pto driveshaft attached. I just don't want to get into an unsafe situation with a PTO.