Re: Hub City PTO Gearbox

  • northcreek2624
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 30, 2013
      I have seen two mounts,one is a casting and the other is a simple L shaped bracket.I will post some photos if I can get my scanner working.Give me some time, I will be busy for the next couple of days,Mike.

      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, intloboy184 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Anyone have any pictures of how a Hub City PTO Gearbox would mount to a 154/185/184?
      > The gearbox converts the PTO to a standard 540 PTO.
      >
      > I have one from a Farmall Cub, but the mounting hole pattern doesn't seem to line up well. The farmall cub PTO exited the transmission and the numbered series PTO is on a separate driveshaft.
      >
      > I could use some pic's posted of the correct mounting.
      > Thanks,
      > intloboy184

    • northcreek2624
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2013
        I have posted three items in the files section under "Hub City PTO reverser".
        There is not a lot of information but,you can get an idea of what needs to be done.The 2 photos of the cast iron mount are from a reverser that I sold on Ebay,the numbers are meaningless...Mike.

        --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624 <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > I have seen two mounts,one is a casting and the other is a simple L shaped bracket.I will post some photos if I can get my scanner working.Give me some time, I will be busy for the next couple of days,Mike.
        >
        > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, intloboy184 <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Anyone have any pictures of how a Hub City PTO Gearbox would mount to a 154/185/184?
        > > The gearbox converts the PTO to a standard 540 PTO.
        > >
        > > I have one from a Farmall Cub, but the mounting hole pattern doesn't seem to line up well. The farmall cub PTO exited the transmission and the numbered series PTO is on a separate driveshaft.
        > >
        > > I could use some pic's posted of the correct mounting.
        > > Thanks,
        > > intloboy184

      • northcreek2624
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2013
          I HAVE ADDED TWO MORE FILES FOR A TOTAL OF 5 PERTAINING TO THE REVERSER.THE FACTORY PRINT SHOWS THE CAST MOUNT WITH DIMENSIONS WHICH A MACHINIST COULD MAKE FROM BILLET IF YOU ARE SO INCLINED...MIKE.

          --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624 <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > I have posted three items in the files section under "Hub City PTO reverser".
          > There is not a lot of information but,you can get an idea of what needs to be done.The 2 photos of the cast iron mount are from a reverser that I sold on Ebay,the numbers are meaningless...Mike.
          >
          > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624 <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have seen two mounts,one is a casting and the other is a simple L shaped bracket.I will post some photos if I can get my scanner working.Give me some time, I will be busy for the next couple of days,Mike.
          > >
          > > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, intloboy184 <no_reply@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Anyone have any pictures of how a Hub City PTO Gearbox would mount to a 154/185/184?
          > > > The gearbox converts the PTO to a standard 540 PTO.
          > > >
          > > > I have one from a Farmall Cub, but the mounting hole pattern doesn't seem to line up well. The farmall cub PTO exited the transmission and the numbered series PTO is on a separate driveshaft.
          > > >
          > > > I could use some pic's posted of the correct mounting.
          > > > Thanks,
          > > > intloboy184

        • intloboy184
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 7, 2013
            Thanks Mike, I have the cast mount. I kept trying to get all 3 bolts to line up. I'll have to keep fiddling with the mount and maybe just use 2 bolts.
            I see you have the pictures mounting it kiddy corner (I have seen this in other places too) but the advertisement has it mounted parallel to the ground.

            --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624 <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > I HAVE ADDED TWO MORE FILES FOR A TOTAL OF 5 PERTAINING TO THE REVERSER.THE FACTORY PRINT SHOWS THE CAST MOUNT WITH DIMENSIONS WHICH A MACHINIST COULD MAKE FROM BILLET IF YOU ARE SO INCLINED...MIKE.
            >
            > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624 <no_reply@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I have posted three items in the files section under "Hub City PTO reverser".
            > > There is not a lot of information but,you can get an idea of what needs to be done.The 2 photos of the cast iron mount are from a reverser that I sold on Ebay,the numbers are meaningless...Mike.
            > >
            > > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624 <no_reply@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I have seen two mounts,one is a casting and the other is a simple L shaped bracket.I will post some photos if I can get my scanner working.Give me some time, I will be busy for the next couple of days,Mike.

          • northcreek2624
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 7, 2013
              Yeah..I don't think that the clocking of the unit is all that important except maybe for drain plug location.The gear box and cast mount are substantial but in reality only mount to a whimpy 1/8" steel bracket.My point is that I don't think you can screw this up regardless of how you end up doing it...Mike.

              --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, intloboy184 <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > Thanks Mike, I have the cast mount. I kept trying to get all 3 bolts to line up. I'll have to keep fiddling with the mount and maybe just use 2 bolts.
              > I see you have the pictures mounting it kiddy corner (I have seen this in other places too) but the advertisement has it mounted parallel to the ground.
              >

              > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624 <no_reply@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I HAVE ADDED TWO MORE FILES FOR A TOTAL OF 5 PERTAINING TO THE REVERSER.THE FACTORY PRINT SHOWS THE CAST MOUNT WITH DIMENSIONS WHICH A MACHINIST COULD MAKE FROM BILLET IF YOU ARE SO INCLINED...MIKE.
              > >
              > > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, northcreek2624 <no_reply@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I have posted three items in the files section under "Hub City PTO reverser".
              > > > There is not a lot of information but,you can get an idea of what needs to be done.The 2 photos of the cast iron mount are from a reverser that I sold on Ebay,the numbers are meaningless...Mike.

            • intloboy184
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 8, 2013
                I guess I was mostly concerned about the torque applied by the PTO. Something has to keep this thing from spinning and I guess that two little bolts might do the job.
                The gear box weighs about 30lbs without a pto driveshaft attached. I just don't want to get into an unsafe situation with a PTO.