Re: 154 3 Point Hitch for sale

  • knuckles4u
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 2002
      just as an FYI ... the hitch is not "complete". I'm currently working
      on an aftermarket hitch and the piece that is missing is rather
      important. The piece that the upper rockshaft bolts to, is missing.
      On a 154 that has a factory 3 point the metal is 3/8" thick. On a
      154 that does not have a 3 pt the metal is 1/8" thick.

      It's the piece(s) that the seat bolts to. These pieces bolt to the
      frame/axel of the tractor. On a 3 pt equiped tractor the seat support
      piece are welded together with reinforcement. On a none 3pt the metal
      is two seperate pieces.

      This piece is one of the more complex pieces and without it the rest
      of the 3 point is somewhat useless (unless you know a good welder).
      I do not have it drawn out yet. If I did I'd post it so everyone
      would know what I was talking about.
    • drdave427@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 2002

        Thanks for the info --- I guess I got too excited about seeing a 154 hitch!!!    I would love to have one on my 154 ---

        David Keylon