Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series] clutch options

    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2013
      There aren't any shortcuts for clutch repair. If the clutch system is shot, you should replace the complete clutch assembly and rebuild the pivot points in the clutch linkage. In other words, make it all like new. If the transmission input shaft is worn, it will need to be replaced. The clutch back plate needs to be securely "clamped" to the input shaft. Also, make sure the transaxle assembly is securely mounted to the frame and there are no cracks or breaks on the frame that would cause any misalignment in the drive line. Make sure the proper spacers are installed on the lower front transmission mount bolts. Then keep the clutch and clutch brake properly adjusted and out of the weather. If left outside, rain gets on the clutch

      If the splines on the clutch shaft are worn, which they probably are, it will need to be replaced as well.

      After a complete clutch rebuild, mine has been mowing 3 acres for 13 years. Keep in mine these tractors have been used and abused for 40 years. Some parts are going to be worn out.

      Or, you could trade it for a 184.

      Kent

      On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Dan Ziemke <workinman1007@...> wrote:

      I have a cub 154 and well, the clutch is not very durable.
      Are there any other options available? conversions to a better cluch assy?
      WM

    • Larry Dotson
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2013
        WM.
        I have two very nice 184"s that I will be selling in a few weeks After I get my spring mowing and garden work complete.
        They are both in very good shape. I live in Bellefontaine Ohio Thanks

        Larry Dotson

      • Ted Klunder
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2013
          Hi Larry. Could you please send me more info on the tractors, and possibly a few pictures. Thanks, Ted

          Message 4 of 6 , May 6, 2013

            Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 10:40 AM
            Subject: Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series]
            Ted
            As I mentioned earlier, I will be selling in a few weeks. The 184's are stored inside and I will need to get them out for cleanup and pictures.
            These are not restored tractors but are in very nice shape. Both have the complete eggcrate grill assembly with the screen in back. All side
            panels and battery cover as well as the correct seat in good shape. I have attached a picture taken 5 or 6 years ago. I do not use either tractor
            as I have a hydrostatic which I use to mow with. right now the throttle cable has frozen stuck and I need to replace that when I get a chance.
            I am asking $3000 each with choice to the first to buy. Both come with the 3160A  60 inch mower deck. I also have One front blade with wheel
            spacers and chains that are extra. Reason for selling is I am retired and need to move to a smaller place. I have 7 cub and number Lo-Boys to
            eventually sale.

            Larry Dotson