Re: 154 Oil drain plug

  • lou747jeeps
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29 6:53 PM
      Hello,

      My name is Lou Hill. I live in Hamilton, Ohio and specialize in selling new and used parts for the 154s, 185s and 184s. If you would like to buy a brand new brass washer for the oil plug, please call me at 513 332-8920.

      Thanks, Lou

      --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, jeffdest419 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > I have a 154 and I'm having trouble finding a new washer for the oil drain plug. Any sugestions?

    • jeffdest419
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30 8:38 AM
        --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, "mshm99" <mshm99@...> wrote:

        > --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, jeffdest419 <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I have a 154 and I'm having trouble finding a new washer for the oil drain plug. Any sugestions?
        > >
        > I had this problem years ago with a 1950 Hudson. I cut a washer from an old leather belt. Worked for me.
        >
        > Mike

        I finally found a source.I guess I didn't look hard enough but thanks for the leather belt tip. that will come in hand some day, I just know it.

        http://www.steinertractor.com/engine-parts#page-32

        Jeff