Re: [IH CUB LoBoy Numbered Series] PTO Clutch

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 23, 2013
      The pilot bearing may be seized up.
      Kent

      On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Paul <phofecker@...> wrote:

      Hello,
      I have a question about the PTO clutch on a Cub 154. My clutch will not disengage. I checked the clutch and the plates are loose in the housing when the clutch is disengaged but when I turn the pto pulley the engine will turn. Any suggestions for this problem.

      Thanks,
      Paul

    • Paul
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 26, 2013
        Thanks it was the pilot bearing. I was able to free up the bearing.

        Paul

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 26, 2013
          Did find the grease zerk for greasing the pilot bearing? If you use the tractor just for mowing, the bearing doesn't need much grease. The only time the bearing is in use is when the PTO is disengaged. But, I guess you know that.

          Kent

          On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Paul <phofecker@...> wrote:

          Thanks it was the pilot bearing. I was able to free up the bearing.

          Paul

          --- In ihcubloboyseries@yahoogroups.com, Kent Morris <kmokgm@...> wrote:

          > The pilot bearing may be seized up.
          > Kent
          >

          > On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Paul <phofecker@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Hello,
          > > I have a question about the PTO clutch on a Cub 154. My clutch will not
          > > disengage. I checked the clutch and the plates are loose in the housing
          > > when the clutch is disengaged but when I turn the pto pulley the engine
          > > will turn. Any suggestions for this problem.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Paul

        • James
          Message 4 of 12 , May 26, 2013
            Where is the pilot bearing at, mine is spinning as well.